• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1100T OC Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So is it stable now? And are those temps full load temps? With your vcore only at 1.44 I would think you are still a little shy on that. I'm thinking you'll need about 1.475 if temps will take it. And remember, this could be pushing the limit of the motherboard too. The 880G chipset is not a heavy duty player.

Bed time.

temps are at idle. On full load they're 54/45 CPU/Core. The voltage is set to 1.475 in BIOS, but CPUZ shows 1.44 (the vdrop that you mentioned) what should I raise it to in bios? 1.5? It's not stable, as one of the core drops after about 20 mins.

I just noticed my cpu/nb frequency has dropped from 2556 to 1800, is that because I went from 286x14 to 200x20? Should I change that back to 2556?

Changed cpu/nb frequency to 2400 (no 2556 option) and raised the core to 1.485 in bios, resulting in 1.452 in CPUz. One core crashed after 2 minutes.

I tried enabling the LLC and NB LLC since they were on auto, and this way I get over 1.5v reading in CPUz even if I drop the vcore to 1.465 in Bios. I have voltage loss/gain (?) in big amounts depending on these two settings.

LLC and NB LLC on auto = 1.475 in bios and 1.44 in Windows

LLC and NB LLC on Enabled (there's no other settings, its either on, off or auto) = 1.475 in bios and 1.55 in Windows.

Last edited:
Do not enable NB LLC. Set that manually. But do enable CPU LLC. Apply CPU LLC such that when you are in Windows and under full load the vcore is approximately 1.475.

You should be able to carry 2400 for the CPU/NB with the voltage for that component set manually to about 1.2 or 1.225. Are you confusing NB with CPU/NB? In CPU-z, CPU/NB shows up as just "NB" but in bios there may be a CPU/NB (part of the on-die memory controller) and a NB (controller for PCI/PCI-e on motherboard). That can be confusing in a bios. Historically, some years ago both the PCI and the memory controller used to be handled by the same chip on the motherboard called the NB. Then AMD and Intel moved the memory controller onto the CPU die. Because of this, sometimes current day bioses will still use "NB" to refer to both the PCI and the memory controller.

The reason you can't find a 2566 mhz option for the CPU/NB is because you are no longer overclocking with the FSB. When the FSB is left on the stock 200 mhz the CPU/NB frequency will be the product of it's multiplier and 200. So at a 12x multiplier it will be 2400 mhz. If you start to overclock with the FSB then it will be, for instance 242x12=2904 id you were to raise the FSB from 200 to 242. The CPU/NB frequency, the RAM frequency and the HT Link frequency are all tuned to the FSB.

Good morning teacher :) I think we're almost done :) I had Prime running for 30 mins without errors last night, but decided to stop it and wait for you before I continue. Good thing I did, since CPU/NB Load Line Calibration could have been an issue.

So, at the moment, I have the following settings (and it seems stable)

FSB - 286
Multiplier - 14
DRAM - 1525
CPU/NB Frequency - 2574
HT Link Speed - Auto
VCore - 1.4v (LLC pushes to 1.475 range, and it seems stable, pretty much within your guidelines :) )
NB - 1.225v
DRAM - 1.5v
CPU LLC Enabled
CPU/NB LLC Disabled

I'm booting up, will post CPUz Screens in a sec.

Many thanks :)

Seems to be working :D It's been going for an hour now, the H100i fans are set to "Balanced". When on "Max" it drops the temps by quiet a lot, but it's like having a jet engine in the room.

f1.jpg

prime.jpg

Thanks again Trents, you're my OC Hero :D

Last edited:
It's not a bad idea to test the system with your fans turned down anyway. That way, you can be sure that you can get more headroom for the summer weather if you need it.

It's not a bad idea to test the system with your fans turned down anyway. That way, you can be sure that you can get more headroom for the summer weather if you need it.

Thanks, that makes sense, in case my AC fails for some reason, I won't need to underclock to keep using it. Right now, I have a dedicated A/C just for my "Office" since I'm paranoid like that. :)

Thanks, that makes sense, in case my AC fails for some reason, I won't need to underclock to keep using it. Right now, I have a dedicated A/C just for my "Office" since I'm paranoid like that. :)

Lol, nothing wrong with that. Wish I had the money coming in to upgrade, everyone in this forum has such bad *** systems, and mine is in need of a less demanding user, I think. lol.

LLC was originally designed to combat vdroop (voltage drop going from bios setting into Windows under load). Depending in how the bios implements it ( and believe me, there is a wide range in implementation) it can have the nice effect of providing significant separation between the voltage at idle and doing light tasks and full load voltage. That way you aren't running 24/7 on the high voltage needed for being stable under heavy load. Cool and Quiet kind of does the same thing but Cool and Quiet can provide too much separation and cause the computer to either not boot or be unstable at idle.

It's been running prime for 6 hours now... Should I just turn it off and consider it safe? Temps haven't changed much (1C)

I would call it good. But there are those on the forum who I respect who insist on at least 8 hrs. of Prime before calling it stable. Two hours seems to be sufficient for how I use a computer. I'm not into folding and prime number crunching.

Back