• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

14-14-14-34 RAM showing up as 15-15-15-36 default

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Maybe...I listed the two options in the thread. :)

You either have to get that driver in (likely a tool on the website for your mobo), or your mobo may have a bios option you can enable that takes care of it.

If you struggle, start a thread. :)

I had no issues to install Win7 from DVD on Z170 without any additional drivers. I don't remember if I was trying from flash drive.

Your board(s) must have the XHCI driver in the bios and enabled by default. When Z170 came out, this was not as common (for it to be there and be enabled). As time went on, it seems as though it has been added and enabled on more and more boards.

What would typically happen is after installation, you wouldn't have USB in windows or in the setup (can use keyboard) until that XHCI driver is installed/slipstreamed/enabled in BIOS.

In Alaric's case, Gigabyte board, its found under utilities at thier website:
Windows USB Installation Tool
(Note) Support Intel 100 series motherboards.

If you install windows from USB (so much faster btw) you will lose the ability for anything to read it, hence the need for that driver.

All my boards since premiere had option which was helping to install Win7 and I know there were issues with installing it from USB drive ( reported by other users ) but not from DVD ( SATA ). I had ASUS Ranger/Hero, ASRock Z170 ITX, MSI Z170 ITX, ASRock OCF. No issues on all of them.

I haven't tried yet, so no sense thread crapping. :) I will say I have never been able to install W7 from a flash drive on any board I've tried (all Asus). That's one of the reasons I have the DVD/CD for all my OS'. My M4A785-M wouldn't boot anything from a flash drive, not even a Seagate DOS HDD tool. I had to burn a DVD.

Back