• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

16:6 Dram/FSB ratio question Kingston HyperX 1066 DDR2/Phenom II X4 940BE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

phlawedgaming

ASRock A785g w/Phenom II 940 X4 3.0
Kingston HyperX DDR2 PC8500 1066

rambench2.jpg

ok there is everest benchmark. Ram scores a 7.6 on windows index which I am assuming is pretty high for DDR2 ram.

question is the ration. I hear and read people say to get around a 1:1 but to do that on my setup I would have to drop down to PC6400 at 800. Even with the drop in timings to 4-4-4-12, windows index drops to 5.9 and gets horrible benchmarks. So i thought about overclocking fsb and ram at 800 to get to 1066 but that strains my northbridge is not even worth talking about as it makes everything bad lol. I have just not been able to get the ratio understanding down I guess. I see alot of screenshots with 3:4 3:8 1:1 1:2 ect. ect. ect. So is my 16:6 bad? or is this normal on AMD? Most every AMD on market the FSB is going to show as 200 on the ratio. But, being X4 shouldn't is show up as 800 in things like CPUZ and Everest? In bios to adjust ration I would have to take the 200 and make it 266 or 267 to get ram to 1066 overclocked from 800. That is really not possible and creates way to many other problems in other areas and creates a big mess. Don't try it lol.

Is this bottlenecking system in any way? Maybe a test I can run to see how everything is flowing together or to check for a bottleneck? Or what the hell am I missing about this ratio stuff lol. Thanks in advance on any help you might have for me.http://i926.photobucket.com/albums/ad105/phlawedgaming/rambench2.jpg

Ratio meant something when there was FSB and you would get better benchmarks with1:1.You do not need to worry about your ratio.You should clock up your NorthBridge however, it is essentially the unit responsible for all memory operations (memory controller it is integrated into CPU , do not confuse with north bridge on the motherboard).Having higher north bridge speed will increase memory performance,usually labeled CPU-NB by motherboard makers in BIOS.

Back