• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1600RAM OC To 2006 With Crazy Timings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You clearly know more about ram timings than I do I have never had much luck overclocking ram ( unless it was a Popular set that other ppl did all the hard work and I just copyed ) , So if you have any suggestions plz let me know
I was testing out on the weekend 999 would only go to ddr3-1800 and 10-10-10 would only go to ddr3-2000 and still my stock timings beat them both @ those speeds .
I was messing around with 11-11-11-26 and that had better scores in maxmem but wasting stable

Your RAM might do 10-13-9-(11) leave the 13 timing higher
Example on 10-10-10-24 ddr3 2000 you might do 10-12-10-12 and will run at 2400
low(8)-highest(10)-lowest(7)-mid(9)
I think that how the timings are

OP, you need to drop this attitude or you won't be long for this forum.

Were you talking about Operant or me
if it is about me them I am sorry cause I got pissed off

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty neat that he can feed his ddr3 ddr1 voltages.. I didn't think the newer stuff could take it!

I would probably only do that to a set I hated.

I wonder how old those sticks are? Older DDR3 on chipsets like x48 are ok with 2+v..

I only did it cause It can still run at 2.46V
To get higher Voltage you can up the voltage bit by bit when it gets to high voltage and you are not sure if It can handle it
up the voltage like 0.05 each time

Your RAM might do 10-13-9-(11) leave the 13 timing higher
Example on 10-10-10-24 ddr3 2000 you might do 10-12-10-12 and will run at 2400
low(8)-highest(10)-lowest(7)-mid(9)
I think that how the timings are

The timings that a set of ram can run depend upon the IC of the set. Some ram requires a high second timing, some can run evenly.

First generation D9 DDR3 could take <2v for sustained periods if you put a monster fan on it. It still degraded and died though.
Nothing modern lasts very long >2v.

My Patriot DDR3's operating voltage was 1.8V, 1.9V was considered the max. That
said, I was never able to run it anywhere near 1600Mhz (on my p45t, LGA775 'board).

Yeah that would have been D9-something. GTR probably. Stock voltages were as high as 1.9v on that stuff.

That's the stuff. Glorious clocks/timings (for its day, anyway) if you could keep it from overheating and frying. Much like the DDR2 D9s. 1200-4-4-4-4? Sure!
Hell you still can't do that, admittedly that's partly because DDR3's lowest allowed CAS is 5, but still.

I had a good old set of D9GTR. Clocked pretty well for being on AMD!

D9GTR01.jpg

That's the stuff. Glorious clocks/timings (for its day, anyway) if you could keep it from overheating and frying. Much like the DDR2 D9s. 1200-4-4-4-4? Sure!
Hell you still can't do that, admittedly that's partly because DDR3's lowest allowed CAS is 5, but still.

Yeah that would have been D9-something. GTR probably. Stock voltages were as high as 1.9v on that stuff.

Thanks pros their RAM are designed to run over 1.5V @stock voltages and settings and can do like 3V before it is too hot and over heat, Man people should sell D9 RAMS boot up 1.5V and designed to run at 3.69V for overclocking 6967MHZ DDR RAM 55-63-44-100

Man My RAM would still do more on stock cooling if it is possible for me to give it even more voltage 2.46V is already max in BIOS Voltage limit... can't make it run at its max limit because of voltage limiting by bios designer :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Back