• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1800+ Dlt3c Jiuhb Cooked

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
brennan77 said:

That's a pretty late week. I bet it will do very well.

I hope your right. I know its a gamble buying a non-guaranteed stepping. If the gamble pays off, that would be sweet.

Dammit buyxg hurry up and ship my mobo@$^#$@^

If you have no patience like me never order from them, jebus!

NOOOOO!!! Retail Box has a full 3 year waaranty and comes in a Plastic box with instructions and a Heatsink/fan...

OEM the the BARE, Naked chip!!!, not much for a warranty, maybe 20 days to 1 year max...

The chips I have recently purchased were all RETAIL!!!

Newegg sells retail for $58, OEM bare chip for $52

Hughhefner said:
NOOOOO!!! Retail Box has a full 3 year waaranty and comes in a Plastic box with instructions and a Heatsink/fan...

OEM the the BARE, Naked chip!!!, not much for a warranty, maybe 20 days to 1 year max...

The chips I have recently purchased were all RETAIL!!!

Newegg sells retail for $58, OEM bare chip for $52

There's not much of a warranty when overclocking though.

Sure there is a warranty!!!, you're right, if you overclock its pretty much out the window. But I really don't care if I'm paying $58 apiece, now $150-200, yeah I care.

My point was that the RETAIL versions of the 1800 have been GOOD steppings whereas the OEM "WE JUST DON't KNOW"

hey, quick question, sort of a newb question, but i've gotten mixed responses from local idiots

what do you set the AGP aperture to?

1. what the video card rating is(i.e., i have the radeon 9800pro 128mb video card, so set to 128)

or

2. half of your ram(i.e., i have 512mb of ram, so set to 256)

thanx

hey, quick question, sort of a newb question, but i've gotten mixed responses from local idiots what do you set the AGP aperture to? 1. what the video card rating is(i.e., i have the radeon 9800pro 128mb video card, so set to 128) or 2. half of your ram(i.e., i have 512mb of ram, so set to 256) thanx

Set it to: "what the video card rating is(i.e., i have the radeon 9800pro 128mb video card, so set to 128)."

well ducker, that's wrong, but thanx for the reply

got definitive word from ati

if you have 512mb of ram or less, set aperture size to either 64 or 128

if you have 1024mb of ram, set to 256 or 512

all i got from them, no in betweens, circumstances, or what nots

so, i'm gonna set mine to 256 even though i only have 512mb of ram, see if there's a difference, i'll let you all know

Molester said:
well ducker, that's wrong, but thanx for the reply

got definitive word from ati

if you have 512mb of ram or less, set aperture size to either 64 or 128

if you have 1024mb of ram, set to 256 or 512

all i got from them, no in betweens, circumstances, or what nots

so, i'm gonna set mine to 256 even though i only have 512mb of ram, see if there's a difference, i'll let you all know

I'd say both of you are incorrect. The AGP aperture determines the max amount of system memory the card is able to use. For anything that's non-intensive, set it as low as possible, usually 64mb, if you have a 128mb card or higher. This applies for most cases. 3DMark03 may do better with a larger one, but I doubt it. Most people should keep it at 64mb for the best performance. I got nearly 1000 more 3dmarks in 01SE by going from 128mb to 64mb. ATi may say a lot of things. ATi probably says you shouldn't be running at the speeds you're running at. :rolleyes: :D

Back