• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1800+ stability question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i have no idea, ive never tried it. but windows shouldnt really have much to do with how attainable a higher FSB is. if youre not stable at 1.6V, up it to 1.625 or 1.65V and see how it does. also, another good stability testing program is super pi, i dont know the website for it offhand but it should come up in a google search. also, like you said earlier, your PSU may be interfering with your efforts. what amperage are your +12, +5 and +3.3 rated for? im running mine on a 300W with healthy rails. mine will post at 2500MHz, but it BSODs once i get into windows. im sure mine is more cooling related, as the cooler i have now is bargain bin material.

i quit lol youve been a big help though, ima wait until i buy a new hard drive and psu over christmas break then create a fresh install of everything along with lapping my hs. until then stock it is.

your heatsink will love a good lapping. if you want a good decent PSU, go for a 350W fortron or something like that. 400W+ would be better though. a good PSU should make your rig run like a scalded cat. another thing, try putting a TT smartfan 2 on that HS, it pushes alot more air at higher pressure than the silent boost fan. also, the smartfan 2 is adjustable, it even comes with a thermosistor that adjusts the fan speed according to heat output.

thanks for all the help bro i was looking into the fortron on newegg and my cooling will do until i get my watercooling setup i got a friend giving me some stuff all i need is the radiator and waterblock so thatll be tight! lol.
Why when i run my memory benchmark on sandra does it only test 256mb? Int Buffered is about 1977mb/s and buffered 1835mb/s does that sound right to u?

made sure it was 6/6 and i ran it again its only at 1999mb/s now. i have one stick in slot 1 and slot 2

Go to the section on "The Mechanics - Overclocking the Motherboard, FSB and CPU" at this link and work throught the sequence.

Dual channel should be either slots 1 & 3 or 1 & 2 as I remember it. Download cpu-z from here and look at the info under the memory tab to see what you're really running.

:cool:

tried em in dual channel and now sandra say 2012mb/s and 1907mb/s. When u test yours and go under Test Status . memory used: it only says 256mb, is that normal?

AGP frequencys supposed to be at 66 right? My friend was telling me about some PCI frequency also? help lol.

AkuraII said:
tried em in dual channel and now sandra say 2012mb/s and 1907mb/s. When u test yours and go under Test Status . memory used: it only says 256mb, is that normal?

AGP frequencys supposed to be at 66 right? My friend was telling me about some PCI frequency also? help lol.

Yes, AGP should be 66 and PCI should be locked at 33 (you can't set it to anything else).

Where you looking at Test Status, i.e. in what program? I don't see it anywhere I look but I've only glanced. With respect to your PC what is the FSB and memory timings? You've prpbably noted them above but tell me what they are when you get 2012 and 1907. CPU multipler doesn't mean anything is this case so don't bother with that. :cool:

when it was at stock 133x11.5 in dual channel i got that. After i ran it at 200fsb i got 3017 in memory benchmark. Sound normal?

After u run in memory benchmark, under it where the test results are there is a Test Status section and it says memory tested: 256mb and i have 512.

sandra only does test 256mb, i read it in one of my results recently. when you told me before you were getting sub 2000 memory scores, you didnt tell me you were running at stock speeds. your score of ~3000 on 200FSB seems like its right on the money.now run it at 200FSB, crack the VDIMM to 2.9V, and run 2-2-2-5 or 2-2-2-11 through it as your timings. that hyper x should do it. as a matter of fact, it will probably run at its rated speed of 217MHz on 2.9 VDIMM witrh those timings. if you read the label on the heatspreaders, its rated at 2-3-3-7 @ 2.6V. memory operates in the same way a CPU does, the more juice you feed it, essentially the faster it will go. your memory will either have the same chips that the hyper x PC3200 comes with, or it will have winbond BH-5, which are the best chips you can get for nforce2 chipsets. i dont see any reason for you to not hit ~2300MHz with the hardware youre running. i have had my chip up to 225FSB but my memory starts crapping out on me. you just have to sit there and play around with your board. the NF7s are very finnicky boards, just have to poke around and see what you can do, and what settings work with what.

your getting warmer. now, relax the memory timings to something like 2-2-3-11, and retest it. youre on the right track. if its still not stable, back off the FSB 1 or 2MHz and retest. thats what overclocking is all about, tweaking and testing.

Ive been havin weird problems with my JIHUB too! If i change ANY settings FSB/Multi it becomes unstable. (11x216) Once I prime it for a coupla rounds it stops completly and allows me to drop the voltage. Very strange...it just might be the chip

Back