• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1st core pegged at 100% (random)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CrustyButt

123 West Awesome Ave. Blueberry, Pancakes
Yo guys, so ever since I started using firefox again, my 1st core always went up to 100% (specs below) and even after i closed it, it still persists, restarted my PC many times, and still happens. I've looked at proccess' from all users and have not found what is taking up all of the usage (if that makes sense). I'm not battling temps, but I've also reverted to stock and my BIOS is updated, all stock, so what could it be? No recent changes to my PC except, I changed my PSU about a week ago. Thanks in advance.

You write >> 1st core pegged at 100% (random)

You write >> ever since I started using firefox again, my 1st core always went up to 100%

You write >> i closed it, it still persists, restarted my PC many times, and still happens

What you write does not compute in my mind. You installed and started to use Firefox again and now core 0 is always at 100% load? See you cannot write random if you can say "ever since" you started using firefox again. You cannot write random if you can say you restarted the computer many time and still core 0 is still at 100%. Those statements seem to indicate that now core 0 is always at 100%.

So when is core 0 not showing 100% use?

I would first unintall firefox and clean the registry and see if the situation still persists. It might have been just a coincidence.

CCleaner would be a good choice. Over the years I have not had it cause a blip. In default mode it does give the option to back up the registry and that can be a good idea.

I would think about reinstalling Windows. I wonder if you have picked up a virus.

I Googled it and this forum never game across me, but it turns out it was the Google search feature, thanks for your help!

I will be honest, I am on FF 13.01 and tried 14.0 and it dorked up alot of my normal settings and I could not find out what to "touch" to get back to what I liked for settings in FF 13.1. I uninstalled 14.0 and RE-installed 13.x. SO I have not paid any attention to the pop-up wanting me to upgrade to a later FF version. That said they seem to be fixing security leaks and dorking up something else. I may be looking for another browser if I keep hearing of upgrade complications.

Glad you got your situation sorted. RGone...ster. :chair:

I will be honest, I am on FF 13.01 and tried 14.0 and it dorked up alot of my normal settings and I could not find out what to "touch" to get back to what I liked for settings in FF 13.1. I uninstalled 14.0 and RE-installed 13.x. SO I have not paid any attention to the pop-up wanting me to upgrade to a later FF version. That said they seem to be fixing security leaks and dorking up something else. I may be looking for another browser if I keep hearing of upgrade complications.

Glad you got your situation sorted. RGone...ster. :chair:

Chrome? Opera? Those are my favorite :D

Firefox has had a reputation for memory leak bugs in the past but the reason it's so popular is there are a million great plugins.

Firefox >> there are a million great plugins.

You can say that again. I have just learned to keep the previous working FF install exe on hand so I can revert back from newer FF version when it dorks up my browsing. I will not be moving from REV 13.1 for awhile. RGone...ster.

Back