• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.26GHz is Excellent!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
rlemieux said:

There is one thing about some AMD fans that gets me though. Some of these people think AMD actually cares about them. That could be the futhest from the truth. If they could get away with charging what Intel does they would, but they cant so they appeal to a different market. They are both big corperate companies and all they care about is making money. Intel fans know this, and they dont care. They just prefer them because they feel they are superior. I feel alot of AMD fans like them for the simple fact that they think AMD is going to bed each night dreaming about them...... Come on guys come back to reality. They are thinking about money, market share, advertising, etc. You dont mean anything to them, all they care about is you buying thier product. That is it.

Right!:D Some of these amd shills are obnoxious in their support for amd. Supporting amd and hating intel has become a religion to them.

They will come up with 10million reasons why amd is still better than intel despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary. That is why people like dd are ranting against them....those amd guys can be very frustrating to listen to after a while.
:temper: :temper:

Darryl_D said:
rlieumex thank you for stating what i said 12 posts ago!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ No hard feelings though......:D

No most of what you did was flame. I made a simple comment. Not dissing AMD or Intel in any way. Some Intel fans are the same way, quick to throw in AMD sucks in a second with out having known what AMD is. They are so accustomed to Intel that they are affraid to try something else. Or maybe they think AMD is below them. I dont know what its exactly is. Some people are so ignorant.

AMD is a excellent processor as is Intel. They both do what they do well. I have been completely impressed with AMD's ability to make slower processors more powerful.

I was simply saying that some AMD fans are a little more extreme than Intel fans. Most of us that use Intel use it because it was the best solution for us. I feel like alot of AMD fans use AMD because of other reasons, not performance.

Some Intel fans are the same way, quick to throw in AMD sucks in a second with out having known what AMD is. They are so accustomed to Intel that they are affraid to try something else
i have no idea what your talking about.... :eek: What really ****es me off is that amd fans have no respect for intel! Out of all the debates that i have seen of amd vs intel... you see the intel guys showing some (maybe very little but still some) respect for amd while the amd guys are like YEA YEA INTEL SPAWN OF SATAN YEA YEA!!! oh well i guess this is just some people are.... (points to ras.. and starts laughing for no reason!) i think someone hexed me as i now have the flu with a 102 degree fever damn amd guys.... :p i will post back later but my head is feeling oozy from looking at the monitor...

CSHawkeye81 said:
so you think its wise to try and go for a 2.26 now or later.

I've been real tempted to go for the 2.26, but the 1.6a has been great! I think I'm gonna hang on to my 1.6a til the next wave of price cuts....

The main reason I decided to go with it is the 133mhz fsb. The reviews I have seen, it has been a vast improvement. If Intel would have stayed with the 100mhz fsb I wouldnt even have thought about it.

the only reason i'm shooting for it is because it gives a real good chacne of being able to get a 3ghz overclock.. i've decided to wait upon building that sytem though... as it would be wise to wait for the price cuts and so on... amd just scheduled a 40% pricecut so you can bet the minute amd has more throughbreds intel will be dropping the prices of the 533's.. and hopefully by then we'll see some half descent boards!

i know this is sorta ot.. but guys how do you post those pics underneath your names???? I dunno been bothering me for a long time and i just can't fig it out....

Darryl_D said:
i know this is sorta ot.. but guys how do you post those pics underneath your names???? I dunno been bothering me for a long time and i just can't fig it out....

dd- just go to "user cp" then I think its called "edit options" or something like that where you add an avatar..... find a cool picture, preferably a playmate or a fredricks model and we'll all be happy! :D

jd - bring back the girl!:(

Back