• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 broken boards Any Ideas

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I know, I do feel just a little silly about the whole thing. At least I didn't chuck it in a box and give up on it. When I looked closely and saw the switch was on I literally did the Picard forehead slap.

just wait till you go tinkering around in one and post to bios and find all your profiles gone, redo all your clocks and save them then find that some how you tripped the a/b bios switch...............

She's always trying to show me up

Can't keep her out of the stuff. Ha ha

Meh well. Likely someone who has self esteem issues and wants to be liked and worshiped. I tossed out self-esteem after I learned it could go into the negatives xD.
I proudly accept my systems low scores/quirks/breakdowns. Thats what makes it fun. >.> like my current video card issue I cannot find any info on, so time to make a new thread.

Glad to see you got it worked out Johan.... must of bumped it installing a fan or something silly like that.

Yeah it's a switch for extreme Overclocking. When you're running at very high speeds, you can flip the switch and it'll drop the multi to give you time to get windows open for screen shots etc... It's #5 in this pic. I just have no idea how it got moved??

View attachment 170017
To add to this, it is typically used at boot so you can actually get into windows when you are at the limits as that is pretty stressful on the CPU. If a benchmark runs, chances are, I can screenshot it...

... that said there are enough exceptions that I will use that method when in Windows. :)

Hey Guys,

This will be quick as I have to get ready for my Cardio Rehab class. I was trying to follow Shawn's frozen water style set up and broke my CHVF-Z. I left it on overnight and in the morning it was dead:( Some how I messed up the power pin in the CPU and it took out the VRM section :( I will RMA the FX 8370 and the FX 8320 (< I know, I had just got it and didn't get any benching done on it) back to AMD :thup: My problem is that I have the board prepped for cold benching :( To submit the board for RMA I need to remove :
I'm working on taking off the eraser but it is leaving stuff behind, how to clean this????
I still have to remove the LET from around the front & back socket area, what is the best way to peel this off????
I have Dielectric grease in the Memory, Cpu, and PCIe slots, would washing the board clean this off?????

Thanks for the help guys :thup:

What do you mean you "messed up" the power pin on the CPU?
The LET should just peel off. It can be a bit of a pain if it was thin in some places. The eraser will come off if it leaves stuff behind use a ball of eraser to "pull" the residue off this will work for bits of LET as well. Now you "can" put the board in a dishwasher but I wouldn't recommend that since you'll lose all the stickers and ASUS probably won't honour the RMA without them. As for the grease use a hairdryer and just clean as much as possible with a cloth any extra that comes out. After that I'd wipe it down with alcohol just to freshen it up a bit.

Guys, seriously I suggest getting one of these programmers, you won't regret it. ;)

Saves me a ton of headaches whenever my Socket 775 Infinity Dark has the wrong BIOS flashed in. What I mean by that is depending on the BIOS version it either supports newer or older chips via it's default bootstrap. It seems support for older chips became "Broken" after newer chips were added to the BIOS files and I have to have a copy of each to run everything I have for it.

Took some digging, research and many headaches to figure it out; Many thanks to Vinster and Buckeye for figuring out what was going on with it.

Back