• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED [2013] What kind of cooling do you use?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

What kind of cooling do you use?

• Air Cooling

Votes: 128 50.0%
  • Water Cooling (Custom Loops and All-in-One Units)

Votes: 124 48.4%
  • Other (Please Explain)

Votes: 4 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still using this old 6 pound thing from a few years ago, with Noctua fans on it and have been tempted to try out a AIO.

th

Mmmmm 6 pounds of copper.

Could fetch a nice price at the scrap yard! :rofl:

Mmmmm 6 pounds of copper.

Could fetch a nice price at the scrap yard! :rofl:

It actually probably would.

You probably reduced the life on your CPU

Wouldn't surprise me but I'll be selling it soon and downgrading. So it's someone else's problem now. I'll just mention that you need to run it on water. Besides, I don't think anyone with a brain (unless you're me :( ) would buy a 3960x without running it on water. Well, I say it's expensive but really it probably costs me $40 a year from what I read for water because you have to change it once every 4 months and a bottle of fesser one is about 2 fillups. It's just power costs that would be exceptionally expensive and my desktop is using the brunt of the power costs anyway.

I'm still using my Ven-X with 2 AP 15s. I'm running f@h.

Attachments

• CoreTemp-Scr.png
    CoreTemp-Scr.png
    16.3 KB · Views: 156
Used to own a Enermax ELC-120-TA AIO Water Cooler , now switched back to old school fan cooling.

Noctua NH-U12S + NF-F12 PWM Fan , have no regret at all investing on this new cooler.
Cools better and lot more quiet than my Enermax.

Also it scares the **** out of me when first time booting up my PC after switching to this cooler,due to being so quiet as previously was so noisy. I thought my PC wasn't booting up at first @@ !

I've used Corsair h80i and h100i h2o, fans can get loud at max loads. Added a pair of F12pwm Noc's and cut the noise by 50%+. I like large case (haf922) fans, I have 3 200's and a 140 pushing air in. Internal air temps run 30-33C, I've added a 40 to the NB and 3 40's over the memory(4 sticks), a pair of Vapor-X 7950's with oem cooling run low 70's at max load. All intake air is filtered, worth the extra cost, 90+% less dust inside.

Yeah, some air fans can get abnoxiously loud. I remember owning a h80 4 years ago or so? The fans were like living in an airplane hangar, had to replace them. 15-20 decibels my *** they were more like 50.

Obnoxiously, yes. H80 fans are nothing compared to a lot of fans though... scratch that, the majority of fans, LOL!

Obnoxiously, yes. H80 fans are nothing compared to a lot of fans though... scratch that, the majority of fans, LOL!

Yup. lol That's why you have the FEW that are such a premium price to buy. Looks like companies have been pushing more for noise reduction and better static pressure. Let it rain!

Air so far :)

Always have gone with air, water seems like to much of a pain in the *** lol, plus what good would all my fans do if I went with an AIO :D

Always have gone with air, water seems like to much of a pain in the *** lol, plus what good would all my fans do if I went with an AIO :D

I am the same, I can't afford and don't require any water cooling.

Nice avatar, I used the same one for a while on another forum :cool:

New poll will be up in a few days.

Looks like 2014 will be the year that water cooling becomes more prominent in our community than air cooling :shock:

cooling_poll_chart.jpg

Last edited:
You can say that again! No one understands this as well in the states as midwesterners do. :rofl: I am paying for it as we speak. :p

Yup :rofl:

I was GPU mining at full load + huge overclock and temps were 60 C with fan at 50%

With the window closed, temps will exceed 93 C, but the overclock would be unstable and crash at those temps! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back