• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG 20MM Ammo Case/Computer case MOD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
MarineTuck, those 1.2 signs can be found at the link I provided, but since I only linked it in the text you may have missed it. Here it is in full: http://www.compliancesigns.com/DOT-13241.shtml?ref=champ They sell stickers in 1", 2.5", 7", and more. Heck, you can even get aluminum signs, plastic signs and other options.

Here's a thought for the fans that are visible...you know how sometimes you can make a pattern look like a picture when it's spun at the right speed? Maybe you could research that and paint that pattern on the blades, then attach a manual fan controller on it so you can get just the right speed out of it to get your "picture".

Another idea to go along with the 20MM idea. If you want to elevate it off the floor instead of using rubber feet, why not find some surplus 20MM casings in brass (those are MUCH harder to find because we've been using aluminum cases for a long time), and either cut them to desired length and attach to the bottom of the case or epoxy them at the corners to be able to see the whole cartridge. If you have contacts, you could even get a few old target practice projectiles and put those in to make it complete. Just remember to polish the brass and then seal it with a spray on urethane. If you can only get the aluminum case, oh well, they still look cool. Then again, since you're on a Marine base you may (I don't know what they have out there) be able to procure expended 25MM from the LAV. Other than the markings, there's not a lot of difference size-wise. I could tell by looking at it and some others could too, but the average joe would have no clue.

O and on the stickers i looked at that sight... didnt look at the other tabs lol :) thank you

Haha thats a crazy little guy, might have to check that out.
:thup:

I have one my Daddy gave me over 40 years ago that is similar except it just has a flat and Philips on one end only and the handle is flat. I've rarely used it but, when I have, it was worth its weight in gold and then some.

If the case is 9" wide, you should be able to get in there with a stubby screwdriver without any trouble unless the CPU cooler gets in the way.

IMG144.jpg

IMG146.jpg

at first i got the enermax t.b. silence 120mm fans
they didnt move any are at all... was so pissed because frys is about 20 miles away... so i got the cooler master excalibur fans... 16 bucks each but so worth it :) no noise and moves a lot of air. and they look cool lol

IMG147.jpg

ill start working on the case now... ill post as i go.
wish i could have started earlier but had to drive back to frys...
o and those people are so dumb they had no idea what a rivet was...
needless to say i have to go back to home depot lol

i have a question tho... can i change the tops fans around to blow the other way so you see the nice side from the out side? like rewire them? or will that mess them up.

i have a question tho... can i change the tops fans around to blow the other way so you see the nice side from the out side? like rewire them? or will that mess them up.

If the fan has a brush motor it's as easy as swapping red & black. I don't think it would work with a brushless motor though. I'm not sure if the Excalibur is brushless or not but I do know it's pwm which could change things a bit.

I'm fairly sure that fans are almost all brushless motors. Don't want to flip polarity on them. I don't think fan blades are tuned to work backwards either, I could be wrong.

Back