• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

212+ Fan Placement

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SameolDre

Registered
Hello, Im new OC'ing and I can say its quite enjoyable. Well down to the nitty Gritty. I have a CM 212 in my case and I bought an extra 120mm fan for it

Im curious on this push pull affect:

I have the fan set up as this <Fan heatsink Fan> Blowing outwards. Am I mistaken or should it be like

Fan>Heatsink Fan> like its passing thru the heatsink or some sort

if I understand your question correctly, you will want the fans to be moving air in the same overall direction. If you look on the fans there is an arrow indicating the flow direction, make sure that both fans move air the same way

if I understand your question correctly, you will want the fans to be moving air in the same overall direction. If you look on the fans there is an arrow indicating the flow direction, make sure that both fans move air the same way
Absolutely. You want it flowing through your heatsink setup. :thup:

As dejo says - you want one fan blowing air into the heatsink and one exhausting it out, so the air passes through fan 1 - heatsink - fan 2.

In addition, you ideally want he exhaust end pointing at the exhaust fan in your case, so the air goes fan1-heatsink-fan 2-case fan-> out of your case.

Back