• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2400 Ram won't OC past 1333

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Clock_Work

Registered
Hey guys. I just finished building my new rig and I seem to not be able to OC my ram past 1333 without my computer freaking out. I am NOT OC'ing my CPU or GPU. The only thing that i want to OC is my ram to 2400. This is my system:

CPU: Intel Core i7-3820
MOBO: Asrock x79 Extreme 6
RAM: G.SKILL Trident X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2400 (PC3 19200)
PSU:CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX850

I'm not an over-clocker. I don't really know how to overclock. All I know is how to increase the DRAM Clock in UEFI. I tried to use the XMP 1.3 Profiles but every time I do that my computer is just stuck in a restart loop until I reset my CMOS. Then I tried to increase the DRAM Clock gradually (first to 1600) and my computer boots but my USB mouse and Keyboard turn on and off constantly. Like someone is playing with the USB power switch.
cpuzlk.jpg

Note: I ram Memtest86+ for 6 1/2 hours and there where 0 problems/errors. So the ram seems to be OK.

My question to you guys is how can I get my Ram speed to 2400? Some tips would be great!

Its a big ask to get the mem controller on that CPU to run 2400mhz, its only rated for 1600mhz, it should go higher than this but its not guaranteed FYI

I tried but it doesn't work. I just found a bigger problem. I reset my CMOS back to the way it was and when I turned on my computer, my keyboard and mouse began to turn on and off rapidly just like when I tried to overclock. I restarted my computer and it was fine again. What the crap? Do I need to RMA this motherboard?

Back