• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2600+ Mobile @ newegg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
d4m0n said:

Nothing's wrong with it. Sometimes I just change things around for the sake of keeping myself busy. I've decided I'm going to sell the 947 and keep the EXOS for now.

How about giving us your initial impressions (speeds) with the mobile 2600? I'll be getting mine from newegg tomorrow, but I still haven't heard how they o/c compared to the 2400 and 2500.

d4m0n said:

Didn't even think to check. Does anyone know WHY it's not compatible? Can I mod it to fit?

Looks like I may have a new heatsink for sale. :(

Well seeing how I'm putting one on a nf7-s rev. 2 tomorrow, I'll tell you tomorrow :)

From what I've read, all you need to do is sand down 1 edge. One member didn't even have to cut anything.

I'm hopeing I don't have to cut much.

Heh you guys are stepping up and I'm stepping down... I figured I could make back my money regardless with my current chip so I went and ordered a 2400+ mobile... seeing as it was back in stock... maybe it will do better than my 2500+... maybe worse, I bet ebay can get my money back though.

D4m0n... nice O/C at that voltage... that's 115MHz more than my chip did stable at that voltage...

Priming now at 2402MHz (11x210) on 1.625v (act. 1.575v). Wheee!

Load temp is 42c and the as5 isn't even cured yet. :D

Attachments

• 2600xpm 11x218.jpg
    2600xpm 11x218.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 601
I would think 2.13ghz.
2600+ (desktop 266)=2.13ghz
2600+ (desktop 333)=2.08ghz
2600+ (desktop 333 barton)=1.9ghz.
So i would think that it would run at 2.13, but it doesn't. But they are mad overclockers and you can change the multi. My mobo can do 1.1v min and about 1.8 max. They are easy to cool and need very little voltage (just what team 32 needs). I would get one but i just got myself a 3200+.

Lookin' really good! Nice FSB!

My Mobile 2600 is on the FedEx truck and should be here for me when I get home from work tonight. I'll be running it on an A7N8X Dlx Ver 2.0 with OCZ 3500 EL Series, and a Volcano 7 for cooling. I'll fire it up when I get home and we'll compare notes.

BTW

Could you post some Sandra benchmarks? Thanks!

I'm at work now, but I'll try to post some when I get home.

The overclock above failed prime in 2hrs 10min, so I bumped the vcore up to 1.775v and its priming again while I'm at work.

Last edited:
Got my Mobile 2600 on order... will post results when I have 'em :D

d4m0n,
Nice OC results dude!
I'll be using a max VCore of 1.75v BIOS and hoping for 2.35-2.4 GHz... looks promising from your results :)

Rabbi said:
Got my Mobile 2600 on order... will post results when I have 'em :D

d4m0n,
Nice OC results dude!
I'll be using a max VCore of 1.75v BIOS and hoping for 2.35-2.4 GHz... looks promising from your results :)

If your chip is anything like the one I got, then I'll bet that 1.75v lets you see 2450MHz stable. Good luck.

IdreamofDSl said:
Your water cooled, give that thing like 2.1 volts and lets see what she can do. The anticipation is killing me!
My load temps are already 48.5c. Isn't that getting close to too hot?

Also, does anyone know what the safe voltage limit is on a mobile barton? Seems like it should be lower than on a desktop, since the default voltage is lower.

Back