• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2600+ Mobile @ newegg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nah its 212 and hes limited by voltage. The max his A7n8x goes is 2.8 :(

So its plug an play eh.... How are the lower grade mobiles like the 2100+?

I might get it instead of another stick of RAM to run dual channel.

Hey Red02TA,
I just got one as well, same stepping mines a "Z". Whats your's?
I'm just going slow. I'm testing prime @ 2.4ghz @ 1.75 in bios which is showing as 1.68 in MBM. Are you on air or water? I'm on water & beer.
..........goldie:D

I am on water. but Koolance is barely considered a water cooling solution in my mind. It is a little better than most air, but I don't think it is as good as the really high end stuff.

Seems I can really push this (2.0V) in bios and 2600 is fine.. Or I can back it off (1.8V) and run a little over 2500.

who knows. maybe after a little burn in, 2600 will be stable at lower voltage ;)

Mine is a Z as well.

Let us know how it goes.

I decided to fore-go my MP quest for a dual pack of BH5 (256x2) for $120 :drool:

RAM should be here Mon. :beer: Life is good!

BTW Im gonna get an MP, Ive decided to get a 2800+ when they come out in June.

EDIT: Just found out that my RAM is now in Orlando. I have half a mind to drive down there and get it myself. It would be well worth a 2hr drive!

d4m0n said:
Regarding the RAM, I think 227MHz @ 2.5-3-3-8 is faster than 205 @ 2-2-2-5, no?

If you are running at the same clockspeed, 205 @ 2-2-2-11 be about equal to 227 @ 2.5-3-3-8. Only in memory bandwidth intensive apps will you see significantly better performance with 2.5-3-3-8. And yes, 2-2-2-11 is the best for the nForce2 chipset as is 2-2-2-5 for P4 chipsets.

Sentential said:
I hope so (no offense dem0n)
I cant wait until the 2800+ Ms come out in June!!!
None taken. I'm limited from getting much more by this chip and my "mediocre" watercooling solution. It's not indicative of my 1337 7w34kin6 5ki115. :D

I'm happy enough with 2.6GHz. That's 150MHz better than I could get w/my locked desktop 2500+ at the same voltage and 300MHz better than my previous unlocked desktop 2600+.

Oh that reminds me, dem0n you do know that your RAM is BH6 dont you???

My friend has the exact same RAM. He's running it on an A7n8x @ 410mgz (2-2-2-5) with 2.85v

You should give it a try!

BTW did I mention how 133t my CPU is :burn:
It can do 2.25 with 1.75 :p

As you can tell, Im definatly in the market for a new CPU!

Last edited:
A little bird that works for OCZ told me that it's likely BH-6 or an equivalent 5ns chip from some other manufacturer (I forget which one).

So, then is 205 w/2-2-2-5 timings "better" than 218 or 227 w/2.5-3-3-8 timings? I thought that the general rule of overclocking was to get the FSB up as high as your memory/board would tolerate.

BTW - Mobile 2500+ bartons are back in stock @ newegg for $99. Mobile 2600+'s are only 9 bucks more. Free FedEx Saver shipping, too.

Tighter timings are always better. You can always check via memtest86 and Si-sandra.

Cant you give it anymore juice?? If you give it 2.9v Im sure you can get 222 @ your current speed.

d4m0n, 2-2-2-11 is better than 2-2-2-5. That is an established fact for the nForce2 platform.

P4 chip architecture relies on pure bandwidth. Oc'ing a P4, it would be better to go as high as you can on the FSB with the most relaxed timings. The longer pipelines on the P4 are kind of a hit or miss on execution, hence the dependence on large caches. The way I think of it, it is better to have more lanes on the highway than to increase the speed limit.

AMD chip architecture relies on low latency. This is why AMD has mostly been superior to Intel in gaming. It is always better to have the tightest timings possible. Then up the FSB to its max. As it is, clockspeed is the determining factor. If you have high FSB with lax timings at a much higher clockspeed and a lower FSB with the tightest timings at a lower clockspeed, go with higher clockspeed. But if you're running 3-4-4-8, that's too relaxed. I would go anywhere above 2.5-4-4-8. Better to have the cars moving faster than increase the lanes.

Well, my memory will not do 2-2-2-11 even w/3v. Tightest it will do is 2-3-3-7 @ 202MHz. Is that really any better than 2.5-3-3-8 @ 218?

d4m0n said:
Well, my memory will not do 2-2-2-11 even w/3v. Tightest it will do is 2-3-3-7 @ 202MHz. Is that really any better than 2.5-3-3-8 @ 218?

Run 3DMark 2001 and UT2003 benchmark and find out. Try 2-2-3-7 (or 11).

I was just about to say that.

Yea that second 2 is a real *****! My CH5 runs the first one just fine but it wont run the second!

Got my mobile 2600+ yesterday and it is running at 13x210 or 2736.2 Mhz according to CPU-Z. I'm pumping 1.95v in to it. I let it run prime95 at P10 setting for 6 hours last night while I slept. Will start prime95 up again and let it run while I'm at work.

So with all of this testing, would you guys say that a mobile 2400+ that can do 2.6Ghz at 1.9vcore stabley is above average performance for these things? Or is it too earlier to really tell?

iLLestOne any luck with the RMA??

Im putting mine in the mail today.:santa:

-------

CH5 wont run 2-2-2-5 at any speed. (I own some)

He either has good BH6 or really bad BH5. Im thinkin its BH6 personally.

Back