• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2600+ Mobile @ newegg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
d4m0n said:

My load temps are already 48.5c. Isn't that getting close to too hot?

Also, does anyone know what the safe voltage limit is on a mobile barton? Seems like it should be lower than on a desktop, since the default voltage is lower.

Actually the max die temp is 100c for a mobile VS 90c of a desktop. As far as a safe voltage limit it depends on your temps. But under full load if your exceeding 58c I would start to worry. I have been running 2.125 volts thru my barton for almost a year now. I have gone up to 2.3 volts for weeks strait trying to burn it in. With the load temps you have now I would say you are safe with 2 volts but the chip can take up to 2.2volts

d4m0n, VERY NICE OC, that is one sweet cpu. I have been thinking about buying one, but I have a mobile 2400+ at 2500Mhz. I just can't see spending 105.oo for an extra 100 to 200 Mhz. It would be fun to get one and see what I could squeeze out of it.

:EDIT:
Newegg is out of stock and now they are 117.oo . The classic case of supply and demand. Just a friendly reminder, if you are going to buy form newegg please use the link form overclockers .

Last edited:
Zazuk said:
d4m0n, VERY NICE OC, that is one sweet cpu. I have been thinking about buying one, but I have a mobile 2400+ at 2500Mhz. I just can't see spending 105.oo for an extra 100 to 200 Mhz. It would be fun to get one and see what I could squeeze out of it.
Thanks. Quick question: what are your idle/load temps like?

Give it 2.1v just for the sake of testing. At that voltage, high temps shouldn't be a problem for overclockability, but 24/7 may not be safe.

Gautam said:
Give it 2.1v just for the sake of testing. At that voltage, high temps shouldn't be a problem for overclockability, but 24/7 may not be safe.

Wrong... at higher voltage lower temp required to be stable. This has been proven.

Damon, nice oc man. Hey i noticed your mem at 227mhz and its rated at pc2700 :eek: what voltage is it running at?

Say you've got a proc called "chip X"(my processor, but lets call it chip X just for kicks)

It's unstable at 30°C and 1.65v and 2.3GHz

Increase the voltage to 1.7v, temp goes up to 32.5°C and now it's stable.

When my rad was full of dust, my temperatures went up by about 7°C. At 39°C and 1.95v it was stable at 2.5GHz, but at 44°C it was no longer stable. With the voltage bumped to 2.1v, the temperature went up to 48°C, and the overclock was stable again.

Temperature sensitive overclocks can always be solved by increasing the voltage, it's a fairly obvious and intuitive fact, but if you've got proof against it, I'd love to see it. The issue at hand is that voltage increases come with large increases of temperature, and diminishing returns can make more voltage have a detrimental effect. Usually, though, this point isn't found until past 2.1v on high-end air or water.

Last edited:
At 2500mhz with core voltage of 1.95 and folding all day long it is about 40c to 42c if the room is warm 22c to 24c.

Hopefully my 2600m will get here Monday morning so I can see what she'll do. I did get to order it before Newegg jacked the prices up though.:)

muddocktor said:
Hopefully my 2600m will get here Monday morning so I can see what she'll do. I did get to order it before Newegg jacked the prices up though.:)
Good luck to you sir. My 2600+ mobile will do:

2500MHz (11x227) on 1.775v prime stable
Idle = 38.5c / Load 44-45c.

At 2615MHz (11.5x227), I'm not even prime stable with 1.93v. At these settings idle temps are 45c and load exceeds 51c. I guess 2.5GHz is this chip's sweet spot. I'd be nervous running a daily driver that hot.

Im probably gonna get a mobile soon.

What sorta mods did you guys have to do in order to run it in an NF7 properly?

Oh BTW d4m0n my friend Deepsky has the same RAM :thup: He's running 2-2-2-5 @ 410 with 2.8v.

Methinks you and he have BH6. You might want to tighten down the timings and add some x-tra voltage!

Last edited:
Sentential said:
Im probably gonna get a mobile soon.

What sorta mods did you guys have to do in order to run it in an NF7 properly?

Oh BTW d4m0n my friend Deepsky has the same RAM :thup: He's running 2-2-2-5 @ 410 with 2.8v.

Methinks you and he have BH6. You might want to tighten down the timings and add some x-tra voltage!
Thanks. I've done no mods to the NF7-S. Just install the CPU and go. The only thing I've done to the board is improved on the stock chipset cooling.

Regarding the RAM, I think 227MHz @ 2.5-3-3-8 is faster than 205 @ 2-2-2-5, no?

:( Mine just failed at 2600. Gets to about 54C and then fails out. Even with my Koolance I can't keep it low enough. DANG!

I wanted 2600!

These are different than other XP's.. they feel more stable, even though they are not prime stable... other XP's run into a ceiling quickly, where they fail quickly.. Mine isn't doing that.

Red02TA said:
:( Mine just failed at 2600. Gets to about 54C and then fails out. Even with my Koolance I can't keep it low enough. DANG!

I wanted 2600!

These are different than other XP's.. they feel more stable, even though they are not prime stable... other XP's run into a ceiling quickly, where they fail quickly.. Mine isn't doing that.
Same here. I went all the way to 1.93v and still failed in just over 4 hrs. It gets up to 52c (socket) under load so I don't feel comfortable pushing the core voltage any higher.

Maybe I will though. It is a mobile (100c limit) after all. :D

Back