• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2600k is a beast

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
5047 final stable but temp and voltage too high 83c 1.4v, am leaving at 46x103 1.3v 61c full load

1.35 not stable, 1.37 was, added 2 560ti's and temps went to 75c so I slowed to 45x103 at 1.3 and seems to be stable after 4 days with temp right at 70

SameOldFatman, with my 2600k, I went the slower but dead stable route and dialed in at 4.5 on it. My 2600k isn't stellar by any means, but it runs dead stable at 4.5 and under an older waterblock it runs in the mid 50's with running Rosetta. And it's in the top 25 producers in Rosetta too. :D If you want to try the higher speeds, seriously think of putting it under a loop, which controls temps better. I'm using an older Swiftech GTZ block on mine. You can shop around in the Classifieds and put together a loop for not a whole lot of money.

Hey Muddocktor,

How do you like those Asrocks? I am thinking on getting an open box Extreme4 for $116.99 from Newegg or an Asus P8P67 PRO new in box from local retailer for $149.99 ($30 less than Newegg's price).

I guess the Asrock doesnt have the EFI bios? Not a big deal I guess, just curious.

Full EFI bios on them. I really like the Asrock boards. I really haven't had a chance to mess with the new one much yet, but the first one I got is set-n-forget simple and stable. Lots of options in the bios too. And it's a nice touch that they included the front panel USB3 2 1/2 panel too. I installed it in place of the useless floppy hole in the front panel.

Cool. Thanks for the insight. I think I will pick one up. Can't beat the price. I am a huge fan of Asus, but I am willing to try something if it is good (and inexpensive).

I got mine up to 4.8GHz Linpack stable (102.5*47 at 1.39V, 70C) but I believe my power regulators are overheating when put to 100% long term load. Had to dial back to stock for now until I can get a full board waterblock. This rig is near silent and that means very little airflow and even less directed at the mainboard components.

I got mine up to 4.8GHz Linpack stable (102.5*47 at 1.39V, 70C) but I believe my power regulators are overheating when put to 100% long term load. Had to dial back to stock for now until I can get a full board waterblock. This rig is near silent and that means very little airflow and even less directed at the mainboard components.

If you've got a good board you shouldn't really start running into vrm temp problems till around 5.6ghz+ On a heavy load. You shouldn't need to run the vrm's a higher switching, or to much more inefficiently up until 5.3-5.5ghz. Atleast on the P8p67 and MIVE setups.

For long term stability you don't want to turn off the thermal monitoring in the the digi Vrm's anyways.

Hottest i have seem my vrm's get is 90c at 1150hz switching, to the max on load for everything No thermal protection or cutouts for vcore, Io, SA or ram, @ 5860ish 108.*blck, 4core 8thread load running wprime1024's. At that point I just poured ln2 straight across the heatsinks and brought em back down to 20c.

I don't know what they others are doing, but I actually have probes attached to my VRM heatsinks. Then I plug that into the probe channels on my motherboard, and watch them either through hwmonitor, or ROG connect.

Back