• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

280$ to spend..what would you do??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bennieboyq

Registered
Merry Christmas Ben heres 280....ummm ok thanks...now the 1000000000 $ question... what do i want??? so i was lookin at a wc kit from innovtech but decided that i have a 2.2 running at 2.53 stable at 26c...now where 300 bucks would get me in that department i donno.. so i thought about a new chip... no cause i like my chip and i know its capible of doing my more...so then i thought about a mobo...i kinda like mine but i would love to get a new one that would allow me to unlock the power in this chip...asus possibly??? mabye a hdd in a raid cause the mobo had built in raid...and nice sound card...new case....dvd burner..i just have so many options...ill give the main specs and let you guys fight over it
p4 2.2-soyo dragon ultra-80 gig IBM-ATI 7500-512 333 DDR- asus 52x - plexy 24 - pioneer slot 16x player - creative 52x - and a volcano 7+...im really thinkin about a new mobo or mabye another monitor...vid card??? so many options i donno....q

imho i would get a Radeon 9700 (non Pro) its the only thing in your rig that i think needs an upgrade

That Soyo is really holding your speed back if you want to overclock. Pick up a good 845PE board (I like the Abit BE-7 RAID and Gigabyte GA-8PE667 Ultra, both around $130) and a Ti4200 video card.

BHD

Donations?

Wait, no, that's not right. Upgrading your motherboard with instant money (the kind you were not expecting, therefore won't miss if spent) is fantastic. your cought up for the future.

Looks like you've got a nice rig bennieboyq if your a gamer then maybe a new vid. card is in order along with a new sound card and speakers otherwise I dunno

I'll be upgrading my fishtank this holiday season from a 25 to a 55 gallon so thats where my $$ is going :D

well im not a hardcore gamer although i do some cs at LAN partys but i dont have bb so i dont play alot online...um and spakers im good ill post some pics here when my room gets clean.... i think the mobo is the best bet....i wanna the best oc board out right now that will work with what i have. (asus p4b533???) mabye a new case too for like 90 bucks there was a cool one in maximum pc for 90 this month and i have the ps so i donno i have to think

There's no point in getting a new video card if you just play CS occasionally.

Maybe get another 80gb IBM drive (since you already have one) and a RAID PCI card for a RAID array. Even if you gained 200mhz or so extra with a new MB, you would probably notice the RAID array more in terms of speed. I don't have a RAID array so I can't tell you first hand, though. I heard PCI RAID cards are better than onboard RAID controllers so that's what I would get.

i think im going to get the Abit IT7 MAX2 ver 2 looks good to me anyone have any complaints about this board or any suggestions??

Back