• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3900x brings out aging AMD fanboi

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
.WOW its been a LONG time (since AMD kicked some butt) but I think all the hype around AMD's RYZEN3 woke the old OCer in me.

While it's certainly a great performer, it doesn't OC any better than previous Ryzens contrary to the pre-release hype. AMD has been back since the original Ryzens came out in 2017 so were you hiding under a rock somewhere?

AMD didn't start 'kicking some butt' until Zen2. Zen was in the ballpark, but the rock was lifted at the appropriate time, IMO. ;)

My daughter is now 12, my father passed away almost 10 years ago and I am currently fighting (and beating for over 2.5 years) brain cancer :(

been web-surfing on all in 1 cooled, basic PCs I throw together every 3-4 years and driving/modifying sweet cars.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO5zxHgIpSTzkYdVXePL_dw?

but ya, life under a rock aint all its cracked up to be ;)

Life goes Fast
Drive FASTER!!

**** man I didn't know. I'm glad your beating it. And I'm really glad to see you back. Soon as I seen your post it took me back to the old Athlon 64 days on here. But yeah my 3900x woke it up to. I don't know why but I never really enjoyed overclocking an Intel as much as an AMD.

Enough about life, where are the results? The people demand overclocking results! :D

Yep it got some of us old timers back in the game! Just waiting for my 3900X to arrive in the next day or so. ;)

The new 3000 series brought me back too! But I ended up getting the 2700X on Prime Day for 200 instead, and built a new system around it! Good to be back!

Fabric Clock is set to 1800 i believe

rest could be in here:

Memory isnt hitting "advertised" speeds but is matching timings

SOLVED! mem Slots #2 & #4 opened >1800 speeds and pushed me into 2:1

View attachment 206719

Not sure which board you have but matching the fabric speed to the mem clock will set it to 1:1, some boards have a memclk to fclck setting as well which needs to be set

Giggabyte Aorus X570 Master

I baby stepped to the boards 1833 , 1:1 limit by upping the mem
there is a separate fabric speed I can run at 1900 but no higher.

are you saying I can go beyond that mobo 1:1 by manually matching the fabric and mem clock > 1833?
(boot the mem at 1900 here we go)

here are settings before I try that

10599 3dm.jpg

Last edited:
Back