• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3d Mark 03 score dropped

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

capttripppp

I can't understand this for the life of me, but this is the deal. MY first 2-3 runs I scored around 22-23,000 then I started playing with ocing my cpu. I got it up to 3521mhz and tried running 3d03 again and this time I went down to 11,000 and change. So then after running it a few times all with the same results I reset everything in the bios, and set the same settings in afterburner that I had before, and ran it again. This time I came out to 11,000 and change. The only thing i can think of that I didn't reset was the cool n quiet feature. Does anyone have any ideas what could be the problem?

Attachments

• 03 run #2.PNG
    03 run #2.PNG
    357.6 KB · Views: 82
For starters remove amd's Cool N' Quiet(Thx Bennoculus, i knew that sounded wrong) and EPU software. Or atleast make sure its at max perforance while benching. Its dropping the cpu speed on you based on load, you dont want that going on during a benchmark, Disable it in the bios aswell while doing benchmarks.

Notice that your core speed in the SS is 800ish, Thats a direct result of it doing what I said.

Last edited:
For starters remove amd's clean and quiet(i think thats what its called probably wrong though) and EPU software. Or atleast make sure its at max perforance while benching. Its dropping the cpu speed on you based on load, you dont want that going on during a benchmark, Disable it in the bios aswell while doing benchmarks.

Notice that your core speed in the SS is 800ish, Thats a direct result of it doing what I said.

Yeah, disable Cool N Quiet, along with C1E support in your BIOS. I can't tell you where it is, you'll have to look around. It varies from BIOS to BIOS. This could be your issue, though I'm not 100% on that.

Also, please embed your images using the picture icon next to the add hyper link button. Makes them easier to see, and the forum software will resize them for you based on the size if your browser. :)

I had disabled cool and quiet, however I haven't disabled C1E support which I will do. And the picture thing will be taken care of the next time. I wish now that I would have taken a SS of the bad runs, I was just so darn aggravated about the runs that I didn't even think to take them. Tomorrow I am going to try to run all of this again this time with the C1E disabled. Hopefully I will get better results. This whole experience is really my first go at the benchmarks and what not. I am just trying to feel it out.

I think I found the sweet spot, now to submit scores. Thanks for the advice

Edit: Got my cpu up to 3520.9 just upping my FSB. This is on air for the CPU, and stock HSF on the GT 240

Back