• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3dmark2001 loop problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Josh

my current system of a iwill kk266 and leadtek geforce gts do not like to run 3mark2001 loop for more than one hour without it freezing up, and it usually freezes up during the first two truck tests. i can play UT forever and have only had a lockup when the system was seriously overclocked. the only thing i have running during the loop test is system tray and explorer. prime95 can run forever so i doubt it the problem is my ram or cpu. this is what i've tried so far:

flashed newest iwill kk266 bios

used the newest leadtek drivers and the 12.41 from nvidia(200 point increase in 3dmark2001 score)

newest 4in1 from via

i've tried agp aperature sizes of 128 and 256, disabled agp fast writes, messed with agp driving values(from auto to BA and EA), and i've underclocked my card with no success. i also use a 350watt AMD approved ps connected to a ups and plenty of cooling so heat is not an issue. any thoughts, ideas, or comments would be appreciated.
my system is as follows:

iwill kk266, amd duron 800, leadtek geforce gts, linksys nic, maxtor 40gb hd, 2 sticks of crucial 128mb ram, and cdrom.

thanks,

Josh

Its possible your running out of memory over time.
If you use a fixed swap file try increasing its size or change the max to its highest number.
Just a thought.

Placid (Jun 24, 2001 01:42 p.m.):
If you use a fixed swap file try increasing its size or change the max to its highest number.
Just a thought.

thanks i'll try that out right now

Josh

Josh (Jun 24, 2001 02:55 p.m.):
Just a thought.

well after about one hour of running i'm frozen again at the first or second test. my old swap file only had maximum of 1650 megs and the new one has up to 6500 megs. guess there is a more recent edition of the 4 in 1 out that i'm going to install and try right now.

Josh

the new 4 in 1 seem to have hurt stability.

for some reason my card that is a gts has a pro bios. i'm going to flash the most recent gts bios, but that bios is older than this current pro bios.

Placid (Jun 24, 2001 04:51 p.m.):

You might want to read thru the video card part at this site you might find something that will help.

thanks for the link, it mentioned something that i've seen elsewhere about certain via motherboards needing certain AGP driving values for different cards. i've sent emails to iwill and leadtek tech support, hopefully they can give me an answer. going to try a few more values i've seen other ppl use, and if not going to disable agp4x.

Josh

Josh (Jun 24, 2001 03:51 p.m.):
Josh (Jun 24, 2001 02:55 p.m.):
Just a thought.

well after about one hour of running i'm frozen again at the first or second test. my old swap file only had maximum of 1650 megs and the new one has up to 6500 megs. guess there is a more recent edition of the 4 in 1 out that i'm going to install and try right now.

Josh

That's a big swap file! I am unaware of these (motherboard) issues causing lockups. Usually lockups with video are usually the GPU (and most of these times heat related). If you're overclcoked, run the demo with default settings... if not, try some older video drivers, etc.

Back