• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4670k Motherboard advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jamal007

hey
which motherboard is recommended for a i5 4670K?
Would like to spend no more than £75 too

Do you have a particular store where you'll be shopping? What features do you require on the board?

I always use Asus motherboards but asrock makes great boards also. You don't have to spend a crazy amount on a mobo because performance wise a $399 board has the same performance as a $129 board. Just make sure you find a board with the features you will need like sli support, memory speed support, # of sata ports, ect. So, any Z87 board will take your 4670k to the moon.

AsRock Z87 PRO3 is the board i had in mind? i wont be using a graphics card for a few months as this will be a non gaming PC for me at this time. Is the AsRock board any good.
Thanks

To be honest with you, i think you will need to increase you budget to around £110-£140 to get any kind of the features you would need.
What kind of features does he need? I don't see any listed... :shrug:

As far as that Asrock PRO3. Its a fine board assuming you are not overclocking. If you are, you would want to step up another level or two and make sure the power delivery area around the CPU socket has heatsinks on them. ;)

Wont be gaming.. using photoshop , Running java programs.. Using business software such as SQL AND SPSS and prolog..
a lot of torrenting.. maybe a few video editing

Yeah, any motherboard will do with those uses, again, assuming you are not overclocking. the one you chose is fine. :)

Thanks a lot! You have been a great help! Cant wait to start building :D

Back