• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4Ghz Club [Core 2 Duo]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Dragon Heart said:
Coolaler from XS has the same batch and his performs better... see the deal !

Coolaler from www.coolaler.com and of course his CPU performs better, he likely binned though several hundred of that batch to get a killer clocker. Don't get me started on that guy :mad:

99.98% its not the CPU bulling though the FSB, you just have a cherry stock board :thup:

@nd4spdbh2.. Look into some of the cooling mods for the DH, like replacing the stock TIM on the NB, SB, Fet sink, put some nice Fet sinks on those unsinked ones on the edge of the mobo, and stick a 40mm counter rotating fan at 5 or 7V on the NB. See if you can't pull 445FSB+ or so :cool:

greenmaji said:
Coolaler from www.coolaler.com and of course his CPU performs better, he likely binned though several hundred of that batch to get a killer clocker. Don't get me started on that guy :mad:

99.98% its not the CPU bulling though the FSB, you just have a cherry stock board :thup:
Also the reason why coolaler has the highest clocking X6800 ES.

El<(')>Maxi said:
Nice one Dragon, can you run a 1M at 4GHZ?
not ATM , have some issues with ram

My best superpi 1M was with the former [email protected] ghz

Got errors running superpi @4 ghz ,have to check why

I suspect my G skill sticks not so good for D9 ...:bang head

At least just finished 3dmark05 @3.6ghz 1.37vcore in bios single 7900 Gt@520/1500 scoring 9500 pts

Very cool

:)

Have to run 3d06 and some orthos at same frequencies

Coolaler can do nice 2d due to cherry picking but he is not so good at 3d, neither OPB etc etc. Only Kyosen has taken up Holicho's mantle.

I've just been doing 4033Mhz air cooled 3dmark tonight so I think I am included :D

It's not even winter yet :eek:

Regards

Andy

zakelwe said:
Coolaler can do nice 2d due to cherry picking but he is not so good at 3d, neither OPB etc etc. Only Kyosen has taken up Holicho's mantle.

I've just been doing 4033Mhz air cooled 3dmark tonight so I think I am included :D

It's not even winter yet :eek:

Regards

Andy

Yes, he can't tweak the 3d

and WE NEED PICTURES OF YOUR GHZ'S!! WOO WOO!! +1 :p

CPU: E6700ES Step 4
Motherboard: ASUS P5W DH Deluxe
Memory: 1G Teamgroup PC5300 3-4-4-8
PowerSupply: PCP&C 510W SLI
Cooling: Mach I ~ modded (-15c)
Vcore: 1.650v (bios)

xTrEmEoVrClOcKr said:
Congrats Wattz! I couldn't imagine a vcore mod with your current setup :D. I mean cmon Wattz, I was running higher volts on air LOL :D.

Thanks :) I plan on getting some better northbridge cooling soon, and Ill be making a good mount today :D

Wattz. Welcome to the 4Ghz club bro. Nice work so far. The Thermalright HR-5 passive gave me about 5 FSB over stock. Its a nice addition and definitely runs the chipset a tad cooler.

How are your phase evap temps?

Dom

dominick32 said:
Wattz. Welcome to the 4Ghz club bro. Nice work so far. The Thermalright HR-5 passive gave me about 5 FSB over stock. Its a nice addition and definitely runs the chipset a tad cooler.

How are your phase evap temps?

Dom

As of right now, not too sure :eek: LCD controller is WAY off in left field, and BIOS reports a -20c (1.650v) CPU temp. So as of right now, Ill just say cold .... :confused:

I really need to get a temp probe :bang head

Hey Folks,

I can now finally join the 4Ghz club :)

CPU: E6400 retail
Motherboard: ASUS P5BDlx BIOS 711 (No Mods)
Memory: 2GB Geil DDR2 800 Plus micron D9
PowerSupply: Silverstone Strider 600watt
Cooling: Dry Ice (Planet Pot Rev 2.0)
Vcore: 1.65 in bios

130639.png

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=130639

DSC07585.jpg

DSC07582.jpg

my SP32mb run. Timing on ram is bad. I was focusing on maximizing CPU clock speed:

sp32mb_13.jpg

SuAsDu

you know, if pots weren't $300+ i would totally love to try DI. doubt it will ever happen mind you. :(

Back