• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5 beeps, still works fine???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

steveokinevo

im getting 5 beeps, intermittently. all in all everything still seems fine. no random shut offs or freezing or anything like that. i understand this may have something to do with the CPU....

also i have recently had an issue with it shutting down. it shuts down and comes back to desktop, nearly instantly, without any post. ive read that could be bios related. can bios be fixed?

i was told by Nebulous to create a new thread........ i dont know what else anybody wants???????????

Last edited:
I would start by running under 100% CPU load and monitor temperatures. You might be getting warning beeps since the FX chips & VRM section are notoriously hard to cool.

In cases like these, generally its best to start a new thread. A 8 year old necro generally isnt going to help anyone.

Anyway, im confused. You first say no issues...then say you have the same issues you dont have. Which is it? Is this for the system in your signature??

In cases like these, generally its best to start a new thread. A 8 year old necro generally isnt going to help anyone.

Anyway, im confused. You first say no issues...then say you have the same issues you dont have. Which is it? Is this for the system in your signature??

yes, system in sig. the shutting down thing: go to start, shut down, then comes blue screen "shutting down", goes black for about 2 seconds (as in it shut down), suddenly the desktop reappears and boots back up. power on the computer never turns off. this is also intermittent like the 5 beeps. sorry for the confusion

MSI board.
Typical with 8 core FX.
Shut some cores down and see if it fixes it.

i was told by an admin to create a new thread........ i dont know what else anybody wants???????????

- - - Updated - - -

so much for "getting help" Nebulous.......

I asked you to create a new thread instead of necroing old dead theads as this is a habit you have. Creating a new thread will have new eyes on the subject. Also don't expect someone to jump the minute you post/create the thread. 2 hours isn't enough time as every member here is in a different time zone. You need to relax. Give people time to answer you. I'm not an admin, I work for a living ;)

i created a new thread, dont understand. i understand it takes time, i know its not instant. i also work too lol not sure where your going with that.

im getting 5 beeps, intermittently. all in all everything still seems fine. no random shut offs or freezing or anything like that. i understand this may have something to do with the CPU....

also i have recently had an issue with it shutting down. it shuts down and comes back to desktop, nearly instantly, without any post. ive read that could be bios related. can bios be fixed?

You sure its not GFX card related ? Sounds like driver crash ?

Can you run somthing like heaven with GPUz open to senors set to avg ?
try and work the gfx card see if it happens more .

i created a new thread, dont understand. i understand it takes time, i know its not instant. i also work too lol not sure where your going with that.

Making fun of the mods .

You sure its not GFX card related ? Sounds like driver crash ?

Can you run somthing like heaven with GPUz open to senors set to avg ?
try and work the gfx card see if it happens more .

just restating to make sure were on the same page.
run heaven with GPUz with sensors tab on, and set everything to average reading instead of current? should i run it with my OC settings?

Making fun of the mods .

i just thought he was one coming after me PM'ing about dead threads like that, then not being able to respond. no dis to mods.

Those beeps indicate CPU problem even power delivery to cpu can be issue due the fact that it resets instead of shut down. If you have spare cpu for that socket try with spare one, only other thing that comes to my mind is PSU. Try to stress test machine for at least one hour if machine is OC-ed dial back to defaults and then try

i just thought he was one coming after me PM'ing about dead threads like that, then not being able to respond. no dis to mods.

Again I didn't "come after you" as you put it. You have the tendency and habit of resurrecting old threads instead of creating a new one. I also asked you to create a new thread and also said Thank you. I'm not singling you out. You're not the first I had to address and you won't be the last. My job is to point out what you're doing wrong and show you the correct way how to do things around this site for future reference.

Don't take it personal.

just restating to make sure were on the same page.
run heaven with GPUz with sensors tab on, and set everything to average reading instead of current? should i run it with my OC settings?

Does the PC turn off then back on?
It sounded like just the screen was going off then back on ?

I meant he was making fun of the mods by saying he has an job =)

Does the PC turn off then back on?
It sounded like just the screen was going off then back on ?

I meant he was making fun of the mods by saying he has an job =)

i smoke too much probably....... lol

on another note im upgrading cases as an early gift. ill see how it responds with this

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XY9G7ZC/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=IG6UERB1N2FP6&colid=2VDNKOO6I5QA9

no random shut off's. just when i choose to shut down from start menu, it will begin to shut down (blue screen that says "shutting down"), goes black, then desktop reappears out of nowhere. maybe the new monitor i got will make a difference with the part about the screen goes black, then reappears. should be hooking up DP tomorrow soon as the wire gets here.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-24-led-fhd-monitor-black/8767099.p?skuId=8767099

Last edited:
rebuilt everything in the new case. 1st boot worked perfect! no beeps, no nothing. works fine. ill see if it gives me any problems......

on another note i was testing with heaven and it seemed to be ok through the 2 hours it ran. got to about 63c on the GPU.

While testing the GPU can't hurt, you should really test the CPU under load and see what the core and package temperatures reach. Here's mine after an hour of Prime95 Blend test. All cores are running 4.5GHz. It is water cooled (120x3 rad) with a fan on the VRM and a fan on the back of the CPU socket.

FX_Prime95.png

i have tested this before.

attachment.php

however with this new case i no longer have a fan pointed at the back of the CPU. not sure what i will do considering the case is glass. will liquid cooling drop those temps at all? will be getting a Corsair H100i v2 Extreme hopefully pretty soon

Back