• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5 beeps, still works fine???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Depending on the case, the H100i may/may not drop temps. The cooler is as good as the airflow feeding it. If the case you have, or are getting, is a tempered glass ( There's a bunch of em now), alot of them have poor airflow design. So it might work, or it'll be starving for air and now work.

Hopefully with the much improved airflow in the case, the spot fan on the back of the socket won't be as needed. (Nice looking case!)

If you get a water cooler you will definitely need to mount a fan on the VRM. I just hung the stock CPU fan on the VRM heatsink with zip-ties. I don't have any experience with those AIO coolers, so I can't say how well it will do. Other around here probably have used one though.

Hopefully with the much improved airflow in the case, the spot fan on the back of the socket won't be as needed. (Nice looking case!)

If you get a water cooler you will definitely need to mount a fan on the VRM. I just hung the stock CPU fan on the VRM heatsink with zip-ties. I don't have any experience with those AIO coolers, so I can't say how well it will do. Other around here probably have used one though.

the socket temps are at 75c on the back now without the fan i had on it. trying to find a thin fan that will fit behind the board. thinnest 1 ive found was 0.47
https://www.amazon.com/Scythe-Slip-Stream-Slim-SY1212SL12L/dp/B002A97IIG

i wanna also get 1 to blow on the VRM too.

added a few fans today. while doing the same thing to get it at 75c, now it only hits 61c :)

That's pretty good. Good airflow through the case is essential. What case is it that you have? You didn't list it in your signature.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XY9G7ZC/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=IG6UERB1N2FP6&colid=2VDNKOO6I5QA9

Updated!

the fans in the front dont seem too powerful but the ones on top that i added seem to be working good. i know everything ive read says to have the top as exhaust, but i see the numbers already. they dont lie. i feel like having them as exhuast wouldnt do nearly anything compared to what i have now ( facing down, intake)

only thing i think im missing is some liquid cooling......

Using fans as exhaust only works if you have enough air coming in to get rid of. They aren't as effective in a negative pressure situation. Should you turn it in to a positive pressure environment inside the case, the upper fans would be quite effective as exhaust, as they could then carry larger amounts of heated air out of the case. Considering you already achieved a satisfactory solution, you can play around with different configurations and learn more about airflow and cooling for fun. Not saying you're lacking, but knowledge/ experience like that gets useful down the road on new builds, troubleshooting friend's and family's rigs, etc.. Too much knowledge only happens in divorce court. :D

Back