• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5050e or 7750 ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chaos

What are your plans in terms of sound output? Reason I ask is, all 780G motherboards are pretty much the same in terms of HTPC usage except for the Gigabyte motherboard. The 780G is limited to 2.0 output via HDMI, but the Gigabyte has a sound chip that can output 5.1 via HDMI.

I've read that somewhere else so thats why I was going to go with the Gigabyte. I had an Omega claro, but I just sold it(unemployed-don't ask me why I'm trying to build another pc...) I can always add 1 later. Thats also why I want to use the 780g-don't have to get a dedicated videocard either right now...I'm itchin' to spend this gift card though!!!!

Back to your original question. I can't speak for the temperatures, but here's one thing to consider when making your choice between a 5050e or a 7750. The 780G's deinterlacing capabilities are limited if you don't use a CPU with at least HyperTransport 3.0, so that's one point for the 7750 if you need to deinterlace HD content.

What case were you considering getting?

Back