• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5600x3D coming for ~$200?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
let me ping my contact and I'll report back
No official word, but Linus tested this on release with a Crosshair VIII Hero and a Formula. Flashing the BIOS to the latest version and it worked. It's recommended to flash to the latest BIOS (4501 in their case).

I haven't seen the vid... but I'm pretty sure those boards have BIOS flashback, so it wouldn't matter.

I see it as a viable and sensible offering.

Speed matters and if someone has a slower AM4 CPU it might hit the spot.

Can someone show me a list of games that (if the CPUs are clocked the same and are the exact same architecture) shows and real difference between 6 and 8+ cores? I could be wrong but a list would help.

When I first saw this thread I thought, what is the point but then I realized there is potential for those running a slower Ryzen 5 or 3 or less. Some people get the best they can afford.

I still think my little 5600X is a beast. Sure it doesn't get the high scores of its bigger brothers, but for what it is, it is a wicked little CPU. And the little bit that I saw of the 56X3D, I am not terribly surprised. If those chips can do a reliable 2K 1:1 they will be a little beast.

hmm, i'll have to keep an eye out, was thinking this might be a good tv computer swap as long as a b450 board can handle it.
the 5800x3d is in the support list

Outside of gaming, aren't these slower than their non x3d counterparts in most tests? Clocks are slower than its non x3d twin a bit and they aren't overclockable (right?). The difference isn't much, but these are best suited for gaming... amd even there the cache doesn't help always and typically at lower resolutions?

Outside of gaming, aren't these slower than their non x3d counterparts in most tests? Clocks are slower than its non x3d twin a bit and they aren't overclockable (right?). The difference isn't much, but these are best suited for gaming... amd even there the cache doesn't help always and typically at lower resolutions?
Yeah, from what I have seen, gaming.

Yes, there is no overclocking either. If you try setting PBO boost to +100 it won't boost at all. PBO works fine as long as you don't play with other settings. I think I can reach 4450MHz all core.

BTW, thinking about the 5600X3D & BIOS updates, seems to me that on a micro code level the 56X3d & 58X3D are the same thing, right? All they did was take the 58X3D & disable two defective cores.

No overclocking, but if it's anything like the 5800x3d, you can undervolt it to ~1v and still maintain stock or very close to stock performance, i would imagine it's quite impressive to see a chip like this go from ~80c to ~50c on air cooling :thup:

Stinks of clickbait. Is there anything useful in it? Don't want to give them the click to find out.

Could we make the following a thing: when posting links to videos it should come with at least a line describing why specific content within is relevant to the thread.

It says on the title "unboxing" ? No, there's nothing interesting about it except the unboxing itself, but for some reason, some people like to watch it, so... :shrug:

I cant speak for AM5 since I am almost completely ignorant to its capabilities.. but buying X3D for AM4 is good for games, but kinda sucky for everything else. They let you play with FCLK/MCLK, and your curve.. but buying this CPU effectively turns your PC into a Dell.

Its fine if you don't do much other than game.. and you can do other stuff.. it just takes a bit longer. And its no fun for benchmarking :D

AM5 is the same these are gaming chips...if you're still a 1080p gamer and it works in your games, seems worth it. Just depends on your use scenarios.

Back