• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5770 Cf oc settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My temperatues never went over 75 degrees :| I own one of the older 5770's with the big square heatsink and the new one w/ the lightweight looking one.

My temperatues never went over 75 degrees :| I own one of the older 5770's with the big square heatsink and the new one w/ the lightweight looking one.

ohh :/
wired i get these hight temps then...
maby i shoud take off the plastick shield over the cooler, dont know if its realy does any good.
wat program do you stress the cards with?
i use furemark, set like this and running for 20 min.
furmark.jpg

Technically, Furmark is horrible for your graphics cards. Most people refuse to use it except for a select few ( you and I for example.)

Technically, Furmark is horrible for your graphics cards. Most people refuse to use it except for a select few ( you and I for example.)

hehe oki :)
well i changed the air flow some, put as5 on them, had mx2 on before.
got these results in the horrible furmark ;)
first test i did was the cards singel, same slot on mb for refrence.
Both cards got to 87C° 100% load, 40C° idle (very happy with that, my fix on cu worked good)

Crossfire:
Lower card 85C° 100% load
Upper card 89C° 100% load

Dont think i can do this better, upper card is ofc higher cause the placing, the other temp im not sure but maby the change of the flow with 2 cards.
Note i dont have any OC on the cards at all.

Btw i hate SmartDoc bugg, when u do cf and one fan goes to 100%, both cards go 100% fan, when it gpus cools down again one card dont go down from 100% fan, must kill SmartDoc to get right fan speeds.

So what test program do other ppl use to fry their cards?

Most people actually game or use programs like 3dmark06 or 3dmark Vantage. Weird about the Smartdob Bugg though. Have you tried installing it? I used to have a similar program. It was a printer driver and you had to kill the process in order to get your job to print. New drivers fixed it.

hehe oki, but games dont use 100% gpu all the time.
I can run all games, Crysis, Snipe Ghost, MassEffect2 and so on np in full graphics, 1920*1080 res.

Well i got my new psu now, 1kW, so now i can try do some overclocking.
I did some real changes in the case wireing fan speeds and so on.
Can read more about it here:
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=647354

Did some testing in Furmark 10min, 3,4Ghz cpu 1600Mhz mem, gpu at 850-1200 1,25v. In crossfire.
Gpu top 37C°-90C°, Fan 75%, delta temp 53C°
Gpu bottom 35C°-83C°, Fan 64%, delta temp 48C°
Socket power 350W
Room temp 21C°

Pretty happy with these results, top card is ofc. hotter caused by the placing.

Some 3D Mark Vantage results:
CF no OC: GPU 14403 CPU 11535 P13560
CF 3,8Ghz GPU 14396 CPU 12980 P14014
Managed to oc gpu a little to:) in cf, 901-1251 1,262V
CF 3,8Ghz GPU 15127 CPU 12870 P14492

And viritual 3dmark on the site: 20400

Last edited:
News on my cu core watersanding projekt:
Took of both coolers now and checked them.
Both had some bad finish, shiny and nice but bad surface. Bumpy and so on.
SO i got me some wet sanding paper and got to it.
Starting with 400grains, 600garins, 800grain and finished with 1000grains paper.
Testing done in furmark. :mad: At crossfire
Results:
Fist pic showing before grinding, look at the wierd gpu load when the card got some serious temps...
gputemp.jpg

Results after sanding the cu core:
Second pic showing after grinding, look at the gpu load now...
And rockstedy temps :)
gputemp2.jpg

And a picture from Battlefield BC2, ultra high settings, running ultra smooth :), 40 min game time
And I set the gpu to show the highest temp and fan speed.
The gpus are oc too, just a bit ;)
bf.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! Nice results! I would have never guessed it was having to do with the cooler. Most of the time people rave about how good those aftermarket coolers are, but seeing this surprised me. Those are much better temps now! :thup:

Back