• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

60C too hot?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Family: 6 Model: F Stepping: B
EXT Family: 6 Ext. Model: F Revision: G0
That should be a SLACR G0 Q6600. May I ask the voltage as read in CPUZ (Core Voltage)?

That should be a SLACR G0 Q6600. May I ask the voltage as read in CPUZ (Core Voltage)?

1.2v changes occasionally to 1.21v

EDIT: 2 of the threads on the prime95 stress test stopped with fatal errors both saying "FATAL ERROR: Rounding was .5, expected less than .4" .

Try 1.25 vcore.

Ok, I'm nervous about doing this so beer with me OK? So I set the setting in bios vtt something which is currently 1.211 to1.25 or somthing right? I did that and booted up and cpu-z reported my vcore as 1.21 so I immediately changed it back as I was afraid I changed something. And there is a setting enabled in bios called cpu drooping (or might be voltage drooping don't have a great memory but this was all in the cpu power settings) what does it do? Makes me think it only gives the cpu more voltage if it needs it?

i dont think that is, but maybe it is. try looking for something called cpu voltage, or vcore or something like that.

At the bottom it says vcore but it's not an option thats selectable so I guess it's just a monitoring thing. I have to go do my laundry and some other chores so I'll probably be back in half an hour hopefully.

Those temps are actually pretty good. Just stay 25 - 30c away from tjmax and you'll be fine. DON'T put more thermal paste on though, whatever you do. Any more would most likely raise the temps by insulating the CPU. If you can't get to 3.6Ghz, it's most likely you're NB running too hot, or your RAM running to fast. For example, I can't get above 3.82Ghz at the moment because my NB runs too hot when I start raising my vCore above 1.3v (I'll have to get a separate fan and strap it to the NB). Run the initial stability test for at least 8 hours (over night is easiest). Most people say 24 hours, but that's too long for me because I need my frickin PC!! :beer:

...i absolutely concurr

vdrop is the difference between settings in bios and actual, whilst vdroop is from idle to load, as the voltage should drop depending on motherboard. Loadline calibrations in BIOS stops vdroop but it isn't needed most of the time.

Intel's max temperature for the SLACR G0 Q6600 is 71c and 62c for the SL9UM B3 Q6600.

Those are max temps for Tcase, not Tjunction. Tjunction is what's being reported by programs like RealTemp.

I've heard that there can be as much as a 10-15*C difference b/n Tcase and Tjunction. I've also read the RealTemp thread and the author seems to think there is near 0 difference b/n Tcase and Tjunction when running w/o a HS. :shrug:

34primingrz3.jpg

for comparison, this is what im testing right now.

[email protected] if you cant read it.

Ok, new problem, now CPU-Z is only reporting my clock at 2.1 ghz and it's saying my clock is 6 when it's 9. Windows and SpeedFan see it as the correct clock though. Also ever since I started overclocking I have issues with Crysis, whenever I launch my computer lags to hell and takes me a couple minutes just to alt tab or get to ctrl alt del. I tried setting my cpu back to default clocks but that still didn't help. Is this the cpus fault?

Back