• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6300 overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm assuming its they're plugged in without a splitter into CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT?

Yes, although I was about to go ahead and do that since the optional cpu fan is recognized.

Here are some pics of the fan not being recognized.

130915100624.png

130915100701.png

Last edited by a moderator:
There's some CPU Fan crap built into that motherboard, saw it in the manual last night. Let me find it again.

Edit: Post a screenshot of the bottom of the Monitor page.

Disable the Q-Fan Control and see if the fan is recognized.

If not, switch the CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT and see what happens.

Disable the Q-Fan Control and see if the fan is recognized.

If not, switch the CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT and see what happens.

already switched them. Doesnt matter which fan, it only sees cpu opt

disabled it. Fans just went full speed. Still didnt recognize cpu fan.

having dug out the manual for mine, it looks like the cpu-fan and cpu-opt headers are pwm headers and the cha headers are volage control headers.

if your system controls the fans but they don't show up in hardware monitor or rhe bios it's most likely that they have no tach signal.

If you cut the Q-Fan off for the CPU fans, can you control them from Windows?

If you cut the Q-Fan off for the CPU fans, can you control them from Windows?

Can you recommend a program? I never do it from windows.

Looks like I'll have to buy a pwm splitter and just use the cpu opt. Do you guys know of any problems that can arise from that?

SpeedFan should work.

The only issue I see arising is not getting the computer to POST because of a "missing CPU fan"

SpeedFan should work.

The only issue I see arising is not getting the computer to POST because of a "missing CPU fan"

true but it already sees a missing cpu fan. this board has this weird error of fans not being fast enough. I could disable that as well.

get a part number off your fan and do a web search and see if it has a tach signal.
if it has no tach signal, run it on a cha header, iy will adjust the voltage in relation to the socket temp even if it has no tach signal.

get a part number off your fan and do a web search and see if it has a tach signal.
if it has no tach signal, run it on a cha header, iy will adjust the voltage in relation to the socket temp even if it has no tach signal.

Not a whole ton of reference to Tach in the context of cpu fans. Couldn't find if my corsairs had it.

What I did find was:

I decided to just get a splitter and put the push pull fans onto the CPU Opt. I was then able to put any kind of fan profile I wanted from the bios or from the AI suite.

I discovered that my fans were bundled with these:

2013-09-15164634.jpg

2013-09-15164618.jpg

I cannot even connect them to the corsairs because they are 4 pin and these cables are 3 pin.

Got it to 4.0

cpuz40.png

Raised the NB and the FSB to 2200

Voltage at 1.3

Here are the temps at 30 min prime:

40-1.png

Raise the Vcore to about 1.35Vcore. Up the multiplier to 21.0 and then as below.

Okay I went and looked at my Vcores from 4.1Ghz to 5.4Ghz for the FX-6300 I tested and it took 1.38Vcore to run 4.2Ghz. So the 1.35Vcore I stated above could very likely n0t be enough. This 'actual' Vcore varies from system to system, so you may need more than the 1.35Vcore I had initially said.

This is what we need to see for sure and a real good starting point.

CPU Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

Memory Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

SPD Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

And this is screen capture of HWMonitor (free version) from CPUID com
HWMonitor has been scrolled enough and large enough to show Min/Max of Voltages and includes the CPU CORE TEMPS / "package" temps fully visible.

This capture is made of HWMonitor after it has been open and running on the desktop logging Min/Max temps and voltages while Prime 95 was running Blend Mode test on all cores for at least 20 mins and then the capture of HWMonitor was made and it shows the Min/Max temps and voltages before P95 Blend was started and while running P95 Blend mode and gives much greater insight into how the system is performing without guessing.

attachment.php

In order to attach screenshots of INDIVIDUAL images as suggested, first crop and capture the images with Snipping Tool found in Windows Accessories or equivalent. Then click on Go Advanced, a button at the bottom of every new post window. Then click on the little paperclip tool at the top of the Advanced post window when it opens. Clicking on the paperclip tool brings up the file browser/upload tool and the rest is fairly obvious.

Last edited:
Went to 4.2 at 1.3 voltage. Didn't need to add .05.

cpuz42.png

spd42.png

mem42.png

42.png

Going to get better cooling before I OC further. Might even go back down to 4.0.

I only have one intake fan at the moment. Might get about 4 atleast by the end of this week.

Not sure when I can get an h100 or 110.

You have only reached 4.2Ghz with 1.332 ish Vcore and that is good. However what I was expecting a few posts ago has become pretty much a reality. Your CPU temp is at 64c which leaves only about 6c more as what is generally considered max for the Cpu/Socket temp. Also the Core/Package temp is now at 59c when most of the time we consider 62c to be about the max for Core/Package temps.

What I expected to see from only an H-55 trying to deal with an FX processor even if only a 6 core has become pretty much reality and is not enough cooling to really deal with that FX-6300 when it gets into its good performance range of +4.7Ghz-ish. If that cpu was as weak as the one I tested and needed the sort of Vcore it needed you would have already exceeded the considered max temps.

You might be able to push to 4.4Ghz since that cpu seems to take less Vcore than most but you may have to really add Vcore for this next cpu speed jump. If so then you will be over what is considered the safe zone so for as we have been seeing lately. Plus we consider 2 hours of P95 Blend mode passing without error as sort of a minimum for considered stability. Your temps may rise a little more during that long of a run.

It is true that P95 Blend mode can load the cpu more than many normal programs do not. That would leave you with a little real world head room with temps. Not much but a little. But not nearly enough to push on up to the 4.7Ghz-ish speed where the 6 core can put out some real power.

If you go with a larger AiO units you will need to or should put a fan blowing at the socket of cpu and the VRMs in order to drop the CPU/Socket temps.
RGone...

Yes. Don't worry I'm not going to push it any further without adding more cooling.

f you go with a larger AiO units you will need to or should put a fan blowing at the socket of cpu and the VRMs in order to drop the CPU/Socket temps.
RGone...

I might go with 2 fans on the door of the case pushing air directly at the mobo.

Also when I get the larger radiator ill position it at the top and then maybe make the rear fan as an intake instead of an exhaust. My pc is right in front of the window of my room plus it's almost cold season.

Okay.

So I'm going to get an H100i in a week or two. In the meantime how can I get the mobo cool enough (Particularly around the socket area) so that I can get this baby up to 4.5 or higher?

Back