• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6300 overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GilbertC06

cpuz3.png

I want to reach something a really good OC that will make the 6300 worthwhile but also a stable OC with safe temps.

I'm not particularly good with OC's.

BTW for some reason core temp and cpuz are saying that my cpu is underclocked when not under load. Should I leave that on or how do I turn it off?

Cut off all the green BS.
Set vCore to 1.45V.
Set multi so that you get 4500MHz.
Cut off LLC.

Test with Prime95 for 30 minutes keeping core under 60C, socket under 70c. Post the HWMonitor window after the Prime95 session is over, so I can look at temps/voltages.

Cut off all the green BS.
Set vCore to 1.45V.
Set multi so that you get 4500MHz.
Cut off LLC.

Test with Prime95 for 30 minutes keeping core under 60C, socket under 70c. Post the HWMonitor window after the Prime95 session is over, so I can look at temps/voltages.

Not sure where all the green settings are at. Never used the UEFI bios before and things are always named ambiguously. That being said I have already turned off cool and quiet.

Check our Bulldozer guide for help, it still applies to Zambezi.

I can't help with UEFI much, I'm on a BIOS interface myself :thup:

Set the front page to performance.

Cpu advanced tab, disable cool and quiet, C1E and w/e else.

In windows turn off your power saving features.

Then proceed with your overclock

on the sabertooth i think it in the same screnn where you turned offcool and quiet.

here it all is.

Attachments

• 130911210950.jpg
    130911210950.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 136
Okay got the turbo and everything turned off.

Went back to default clocks

Last edited by a moderator:
then go back in the bios and reclock it, stresstest it and see if it heats to suite you.

Got it at 4.4

Running tests now

Had to put it back.

Until the mobo CORRECTLY recognizes my fans there is no way I am going to OC this thing. I ran prime and the fans wouldn't go 100 percent. My cpu went up to 70c.

Last edited by a moderator:
do like #2, its a good oc, and your 6300 will performe well in game.

run prime95 for 10+ hours maybe, do see any error, if your temps are okay. ;)

I don't see the option for that. Even checked the manual.

It takes two circuits to allow either PWM or Analog fans to run on the same set of fan headers. Asus may have removed the analog fan circuit and choice from the motherboard. IF so then only PWM fans will be easily adjustable on that cpu fan header. 4 pin fans in other words.
RGone...

Can you use a manual fan control to ramp the fans to 100%?

You don't have any of Corsair's software on there set to quiet mode, right?

What RPM are the fans reading when they ramp up, and what % do they run up to before stopping?

Can you use a manual fan control to ramp the fans to 100%?

You don't have any of Corsair's software on there set to quiet mode, right?

What RPM are the fans reading when they ramp up, and what % do they run up to before stopping?

thats the thing though, I can't actually see the rpm because it isn't recognized by the board. And yes I tried different fans. Nothing changed.

And there is no corsair software for fans.

thats the thing though, I can't actually see the rpm because it isn't recognized by the board. And yes I tried different fans. Nothing changed.

And there is no corsair software for fans.

Curious.... But do you HAVE to use the motherboard headers? Why not just get a fan controller and use the PSU. Then in bios, set your fans to ignore (especially the Cpu fan). Some boards won't go past bios without this setting or a fan plugged in.

I'm assuming its they're plugged in without a splitter into CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT?

Curious.... But do you HAVE to use the motherboard headers? Why not just get a fan controller and use the PSU. Then in bios, set your fans to ignore (especially the Cpu fan). Some boards won't go past bios without this setting or a fan plugged in.

I would prefer to use the mobo. I don't really want extra wires, which especially true of a fan controller.

Back