• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8350 24/7 oc question...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Skribble

Registered
hey guys, decided to try and up the multiplier and bus speed to see what i could get. i wanted to see the limits on stock volts so i upped it to 4.8 at the bios and it didnt boot into windows, set it down to 4.6 and i got into windows but prime95 locked it up, dropped it to 4.5 and prime was dropping cores during the test. dropped it to 4.4 and prime was still dropping cores so i decided to up the voltage 2 steps and i just finished running prime for about 45 mins, here are the results.

do you guys think the temps are stable for a 24/7 overclock? i honestly thought the h60 would keep temps down a bit more.

Attachments

• hwmon oc.PNG
    hwmon oc.PNG
    24.5 KB · Views: 63
  • cpu oc.PNG
    cpu oc.PNG
    18.3 KB · Views: 54
1. Prime 95 Blend mode may hammer a system more than most folks do in day to day working on the system. That is why we run P95 Blend to push the system to show a propensity toward failure if there is one.

2. 60c Socket temp and 48c Cpu Core Temps seem about the correct distance between the two temps and not anywhere close to TOO hot. Pretty good overall.

3. Vcore not extreme for the 4.4Ghz speed.

4. I can edit videos and a gamer might pick a game that was "extremely" cpu dependent and get close to those Max temps, but it takes a hefty application to push like P95 in general pushes.

5. So overall it looks like a pretty good overclock. You can add Vcore and go faster. Temps 'should' still be fairly good for 4.5Ghz is my guess if you 'need' 4.5Ghz. I personally would add another 5 to the FSB/CPU Frequency and see if it will do that number with only a bump or two of Vcore. Temps still pretty much in the same range or only 3 or 4c higher...you still should be good to go should you just hate 4.4Ghz.

6. I don't know at your low Vcore if what I am going to mention is worth it or not. There is one other thing that has worked on some cheaper Gigabyte motherboards with analog type VRMs. I will look for link and put it here. You will test this on your own since most of us that are on later Asus mobo's find no real benefit to this trick.

Link To >> FX Vishera series and CPU-PLL by "ssjwizard"

RGone...

Back