• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8700k help please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Starwarscards

Need overclocking help but specs and changes first.

specs:
Intel Core i7-8700K
Corsair Hydro Series H115i
ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 16*4=64

Here are the things I changed:
Asus Multicore Enhancement: Disabled
SVID Behavior: Best-Case Scenario
AVX Instruction Core Ratio Negative: 1
CPU Core Ratio (Sync All Cores): 50
CPU SVID Support: Disabled
BCLK Aware Adaptive Voltage: Disabled
CPU Core/Cache Voltage: 1.310
CPU LLC: 6
VRM Spread Spectrum: Disabled
Intel SpeedStep: Disabled
CPU C-states: Disabled
Intel Speed Shif Technology: Disabled

Ok so was trying to get it to 5.0 so worked my way up doing Intelburntest "very hard" x10. Could not get it to 5.1 so went back to 5.0 and pulled up Prime95 Blend test to check for a few hours before I did the Cache and Memory. Within a few minutes I get a Worker stopped and a rounding error. Increasing Vcore does not help. Temps for Intelburntest max at 86 according to HWMonitor.

So anyone know what is going on and what I can play with to fix it? Also since I am already here anything I should not have disabled or should disabled?

Thanks in advance for the help :D

Your problem I believe is that you are using 64 gb of RAM. That much RAM will put a terrible strain on the IMC at higher overclocks. Do you really need that much RAM for what you do? I would be interested to see if your instability problems improved if you took out half the RAM.

what trents said more dimms can lead to more problems. Most benchers that shoot for world records only use a single stick to lighten load on the IMC's

So tried taking out 2 sticks leaving me with 32. Did not work (ish) now I get a bsod on Prime95 so guess that is something different but still not working. Tried pumping up Vcore too just in case that would fix it but did not help (till 1.360).

I'm not sure you should have disabled Speedstep and C states. Try leaving things on default and adjust only the multiplier and vcore. If that doesn't help then try lowering cache multiplier and increase the AVX offset.

Well if it was stable at 1.360v that is what the processor needs for that clock speed. Try that voltage with all your memory to see if the lower Vcore was causing all the instability.

Last edited:
You will need to add System Agent voltage to support the IMC. I'd add that considering how much ram you have... perhaps .1-.2V.

Back