• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

90nm Athlon 64 Socket 939 Winchesters are here!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That link was posted in post 388. ;)

Thanks for posting it though, this thread is getting long and you must just not have noticed. :)

Shade00 said:
How did you come up with that figure? I don't think it can be compared like that - 1.5v-2.31v is a lot bigger jump than 1.4-1.6, even if you scale it for 90nm.

You are right, its all bloated... ignore it pls..

Shade00 said:
How did you come up with that figure? I don't think it can be compared like that - 1.5v-2.31v is a lot bigger jump than 1.4-1.6, even if you scale it for 90nm.

Way back in post 214 and 217, I guestimated that the ratio should be more like 1.1 to 1.65. According to that 1.6v is more like 1.76v (1.1) or 1.864v (1.165)

1.6 is still very close to that 10% margin that many people draw the line at (1.8v or so for AMD 130nm). When i get mine i'll treat it like an intel chip for a while as far as voltage is concerned ;)

Oh-oh, they are now out of stock everywhere and can't be purchased anywhere. :cry:

newegg said they display ETA only if they know it to be within 2 weeks, otherwise the link is dead.

c627627 said:
Oh-oh, they are now out of stock everywhere and can't be purchased anywhere. :cry:

newegg said they display ETA only if they know it to be within 2 weeks, otherwise the link is dead.
Well in a really cynical way.....GOOD! That way I wont buy one today:D. Now I have an excuse to wait for Nforce4:cool:

He acheived 2.75 with the stock cooler :drool: Time for me to pick one up, and see how far a vapochill will take it

ogboot said:
1.6 is still very close to that 10% margin that many people draw the line at (1.8v or so for AMD 130nm). When i get mine i'll treat it like an intel chip for a while as far as voltage is concerned ;)

lol exactly my thoughts!! ill do the same when i do the switch

Whoa!!! Collected all of your pocket change I see ;) Good luck with that m8. We need to see how this chips will fare under the xtreme. Nice setup, good picks on the hardware.

Just to add some info, my s939 3200+ will do 2.5 GHz on air at 1.55v. Tried 2.6 at 1.55 and it crashed after posting. Unfortunately my memory (Corsair 3200XL) wont run it 1:1.

Mr Snub said:
He acheived 2.75 with the stock cooler :drool: Time for me to pick one up, and see how far a vapochill will take it
Nice to hear that, right? ;)

Hmm, it's hard to concentrate... I must not buy it. I must not buy it... keep saying this Kamui...

AAHHH. I need this damned NForce4 and I have one or three of these babies...

btw, don't you think your sig is just a bit... oversized?

OC Detective said:
There is absoluetly no evidence to suggest that this TDP will include dual core (unless you have a link to help me out here). What is clear is that the 3800+ is likely to be rated at 104W - how far the upside in terms of cpus beyond 2.4GHz that will be rated at 104W is still unclear.

I was wrong, AMD now states dual core will fit in 95 W TDP (see link). Examples given shows up to 3 speed grades below single core CPUs. Meaning, if there is a 2.6 GHz single core A64 out, dual core will be available in 2.0 GHz within 95 W TDP. Probably AMD will have higher top end A64, meaning even higher dual core CPUs.

These cual core CPUs will be the top binned CPUs, like mobiles, so it is likely you will be able to overclock the dual cores rather well, assuming you have good cooling for > 95 W.

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1666804,00.asp

I know it might be a stupid question, but are the multi's locked on the winchesters too?

Stress testing my 3200+ @ 2350MHz (1.52-1.54V). The Vcore adjustments don't seem to work very well on my Neo2 with the Winchester core (only % increse, 3.33%, 5%, 8.33%, etc), so I can't really fine toon it.

Also, I think I may have hit an upper limit on FSB because of my RAID0 array, or it may have just been my Ballistix ram wigging out (see below). Either way, I think 2.4GHz will be my absolute max.

BTW, I'm using a Hyper6 with a dual fan config. Temps stay around 52-54C no matter what I throw at it...heatpipe sweetspot maybe??? :D

Well with locked multi's, it all up to how good your ram is, or you can use dividers, but doesnt that kinda kill performance?

Back