• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

939 MB with or without AGP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drydog

Hi All;

I am ready to build my first 939 system. I have never seen the graphics of those that include Gforce. I am currently using a 9800XT How does this compare to the quality of the Gforce
also, What would be a good 939 board with and without the G-force?
Thanks
Drydog

You appear to the throughly confused. Geforce is the branding of nVidia's videocards. Its not on the motherboard.

Your Radeon 9800XT is roughly about the same as a Geforce 6600GT.

The best nforce board if you want to keep your 9800XT(ie AGP), would be DFI's upcoming Nforce3 Ultra board. As for PCI-E it would be either Abit's A8N SLI or DFI's SLI board.

I was confuesed. WHen I saw them with and without AGP I just assumed it had something to do with built in graphicsThanks!

drydog said:
I was confuesed. WHen I saw them with and without AGP I just assumed it had something to do with built in graphicsThanks!
Nope :D. The brand name for those motherboards is "Nforce". Unless the Nforce is the IGP (Integrated-Gfx-platform) version it will not have an onboard graphics card.

If you plan to keep your 9800XT (I assume you will) Your best bet would be with DFI's Nforce3 Ultra which should be out either now or a couple days.

I saw some orders being taken for such at www.atacom.com

Back