• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

970 ASROCK Extreme 3 overclocking guide

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
COPIED from tek syndiate forum:

GIGABYTE GA-970A-D3P with FX-8350

Do these two work together? Will I run into any problems? I'm just looking for something cheaper than the SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0.

comments

posted 4 months 1 week ago

Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0, it's cheaper than the Sabertooth and it runs the FX-8350 without a hitch.

You can't run an FX-8350 reliably on a dirt cheap motherboard, even at stock speeds. My suggestion is what I personally have. It will run the FX-8350 flawlessly at stock speeds and even has the capacity to overclock your FX-8350 should you desire.

I'll go with that. Thank you very much.
END COPY.

RGone...:bang head:bump:

EDIT:
if i can do at least 43 to 4400ghz what i previously mentioned i will be happy.. << You keep making that statement and I fully understand it. But you need a motherboard. The fact that the M5A99FX PRO 2.0 "could" cover that 4.3 to 4.4Ghz is just a freeken plus. Otherwise you get right back in the same spot of something that struggles to get the 4.3 to 4.4Ghz you say you need to be happy. We don't make the boards here in the forum.. We can only suggest based on seeing the FX 8 core processors for over 2 years now and try to keep posters from falling in the ditch.

I even lessened my suggestion to the M5A99X PRO 2.0 because of your 4.3 to 4.4Ghz and happy, since I know that board is useless up where I run daily at 4.7Ghz but your happy spot was less than the 4.5Ghz it is pretty well capable of doing. The other 2 boards of three you said they had at Canada Computers...well they will do you NO good or no better than what you have already. Why swap a headache for another?
END EDIT.

Current stats with the Gigabyte 970

Back