• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9700 Pro Rev 3.0 Owners.. READ This.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

q149

Ok, i was searching around about bios' because i seemed be getting much lower benches than i should and very limited results from 3 different vmods on my memory.. I stumbled across this thread and thought maybe i found my answer.. Well i sure as hell did. I downloaded the file and tried it.. it screwed up and my card wouldnt work. I figured i would have to use Flashrom and it worked. I reinstalled my drivers and everything and ran 3dmark at a speed i had tested earlier.. I scored over 1000 points more. Then i tried upping the memory clock to a level where i had tons of artifacting before... no artifacts. If you have a Rev 3.0 9700 Pro with Samnsung 2.8ns memory, try this... i am so happy from the results, i now have the card i knew it should be... and it now has the chance to get even better. That thread mentions that alot of these cards are PoworColor's but not all are.. mine is but i still suggest you try this if you have this type of card. If you don't know how to tell if you have a Rev 3.0 card look at the back top left corner of your card, this is Rev 3.0 and this is the old style pcb.
Gl, i hope this helps some other people.

Hey, I have a question for ya. I opened the BIOS with RadEdit and the TV initialization standard is set to PAL. To use the TV-Out here in America, should I change this to NTSC?

Hmm . . . . I believe I have a revision 3 card (The chips are like that in the new mem pic). Is there a more concrete way to check?

It's also a BBA Radeon 9700 Pro w/ 2.8ns memory. I might just try this.

There might be a dip switch to turn it to ntsc.

Well, if yours looks like that then it is a Rev 3.0. I'm not sure what it will do with a BBA one but you can try, it might make it faster.. i get over 20 fps faster at all times now.

I have a sapphire 9700pro that appears to be rev. 3.0, so gonna give this a try too.
Time to dig out the floppy drive...

HHHmmm ,

I have a Sapphire 9700 Pro (looks to be a rev 3.0) but has 2.38ns Samsung memory . I wonder if I should try the bios ? I do seem to have not nearly a good 3Dmark score as I should . But besides that the card seems to be fine .

Anyone else that does the bios "upgrade" , please post their results .

stereo555

Ok, well i did it.
Worked fine, but no noticable change in performance. I only tested 3dmark01 but that just stayed about the same.

Dont know whether it's affected my overclockability yet, need to put my waterblock back on it to try it out, will do that tomorow.

Btw its a sapphire 9700pro with samsung 2.8ns ram.

Get it a shot. The worst that would happen is it wont work and u'd just have to flash the original Bios back onto your card.
stereo555 said:
HHHmmm ,

I have a Sapphire 9700 Pro (looks to be a rev 3.0) but has 2.38ns Samsung memory . I wonder if I should try the bios ? I do seem to have not nearly a good 3Dmark score as I should . But besides that the card seems to be fine .

Anyone else that does the bios "upgrade" , please post their results .

stereo555

I thought 2.8ns was the fastest they used. It dosent say it's 2Ans? Even if so i don't think it can hurt.. if your score is lower than it should be i would try.

I just tried it. I don't have a rev. 3 for the record and it is safe to use regardless of what memory or revision u have. I have tried over a dozen modified/unmodified 9700pro/np Bios' and the best one for me is 97PmufuN.bin. This 97ProlL.bin in this thread is not very good for me. My video card is a 9700np by Sapphire with the Samsung 2.8ns memory. With this bios 3DMark 2003 was choppy at 400/320 whereas the bios I use runs smooth and gets me 19,016 score in 3DMark2001se. Others may have different results but for someone who has the same card as I, I suggest the 97PmufuN.bin bios.

q149 said:
I thought 2.8ns was the fastest they used. It dosent say it's 2Ans?

Nope , my card definitly shows Samsung 2.38ns :D (checked it a billion times to be sure) . I remember a quite few others getting the same 2.38 Samsung only on the Sapphire 9700 Pro "retail" versions about 6-8 months back , same time I purchased mine ; but it seems to be a pretty rare item now adays . But the Samsung runs pretty darn hot . Going to put some heatsinks on it this comming week .

OK , guess I'll give the bios upgrade a shot !

:D

stereo555

Hmm, i would like to try that bios myself. Can you hook me up with it? Mufu's link is not working. My email is [email protected] if you can email it.

Edit: I can host it as well for others that want it and for that sticky.

Ok thanks. I actually tried this already but i didnt realize i had to right click and save as. I will do a 3dmark2k1 bench at a set speed then switch and do the same and see if i can oc any higher than ill post my results.

PoworColor 9700 Pro 2.8ns Samsung. I got the 97PmufuN.BIN one which should be the right one. I just got done benching at conservative clocks with the LL bios to compare.

The mufun bios should be the best for u I believe. But being a Powercolor may change things a bit. Not sure though. U do know what each bios is for right? Do u need a decription?

Thanks TheGr8s1 for posting all the differant bios's for us ; got'em all ;)

I rechecked my Pro's bios and it seems it came with the 97ProLL.bin (113-94206-102) already installed from the factory .

Looks like Iam going to have to go for the 97PmufuN.bin. on my Pro card and try the 97ProLL.bin (113-94206-102) on my NP card .

Keep ya posted .:D

stereo555

Last edited:
stereo555 said:
Thanks TheGr8s1 for posting all the differant bios's for us ; got'em all ;)

I rechecked my Pro's bios and it seems it came with the 97ProLL.bin (113-94206-102) already installed from the factory .

Looks like Iam going to have to go for the 97PmufuN.bin. on my Pro card and try the 97ProLL.bin (113-94206-102) on my NP card .

Keep ya posted .:D

stereo555

I'm glad I could help u and anyone else who needed these Bios'.
CHEERS from CANADA!

Back