• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9700 Pro Rev 3.0 Owners.. READ This.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I checked what they are on that sticky. I am going to try out the 97PmufuN.BIN bios now, i'll post my results once i'm done.

I tried it out.. 3dmark2k1 dropped about 50 points and i had about as much artifacting/pixelation at 392 that i had at 400 with the LL bios. Any others you think i should try?

LOL I forgot u had a PRO version. LOL That bios kicks u know what for me cuz I have a np with Samsung 2.8ns. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA My bad. Not really certain now but try the Fly version.

Ok i might as well try it while i'm at it. I think i will try a couple from here too. Then i will post results again.

For the record I have removed the BIOS files. Link is now dead. I'm off to bed. Seems like I've answered a million posts today. Dead tired. Give me the good news when ya get it.

Alright now i have tried 5 bios' besides the stock one. Some from radeon2.ru and then the ones that Gr8s1 has. 97ProLL is the origional bios this thread is about.
I tested each one at a conservative clock(for me) 426/372. Then i stepped mem up to 392.

fly97300 bios.. At my common clock i got major corruption just at the loading screen for 3dmark so i didnt test it... lol

97mufuN/9700p101/9700p103 VIVO.. These seemed to be all the same exact bios.. with on for VIVO cards. 3dmarks within 5 points of eachother and alot of artifacting/pixelation at 392.

97ProLL(102 according to stereo).. 3dmark 50+ points above the other 3.. no artifacting at 392.

So the 970ProLL bios wins.. it seems these are all just BBA bioses for 9700Pro with Samsung memory, except the Fly one.. 97ProLL is the newest i believe besides the VIVO one, but i think it is actually the 101 for VIVO cards.

I'm sure i will have to lower the clocks some or i will get artifacts. I havent started benching yet but i did do a test run at lower clocks for my vid card and whole system... I took the #5 spot in 03 for 9500/9700 on my test run so i think i will be able to take the number 1 spot.

I flashed to this BIOS, and ran a few tests. I think this BIOS will give me a bit more overclocking headroom. I'm going to run a few more tests.

I can squeeze an extra 12 Mhz out of the RAM w/ this BIOS. Not as good as I was hoping, but nothing to snub my nose at for such an easy mod :)

I have a BBA Radeon 9700 Pro R 3.0.

I was using 3dMark2k1 for a baseline for benchies (even though I don't like to use it as the be-all-and-end-all of benchmarks, I can at least set a baseline with it). And w/ this BIOS, at my old OC clocks I got no artifacting at all on tests where I used to get lots of artifacting (DOT 3 Bumpmapping), and minimal artifacting in heavy fog tables in games like Quake III (barely noticeable from aggrivating). I upped the clocks a bit, and managed to get only minimal artifacting in maps w/ heavy fog and no artifacting in all the 3dMark 2k1 tests except for Nature, which acted funny only around the butterflies. I think it's a cooling issue, however. W/ some Tweakmonster BGA RAMsinks or a Cooljag 1U on the core, I'm pretty sure I could go higher :)

You have that stuff on it now? If you do it's time to Vmod that sucker:D

Iceberq 4 is ok, i use it on my NB though.. you need to use a CPU HSF for higher OC's though really. I would check and see if your shim is level with the core.. if it is you can very easily just put some superglue on the shim and as3 on the core to stick on a socket hsf.

Back