• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A humble OC AMD FX-6100

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
eeesh, I don't like they way you say that RGone :chair: the taking a taking a header into an ice flow thing

Well you did say >> "I will put on my arctic parka from when I lived in Iceland whilst sipping my bud light." << When I was a drinking man that is always when I took my headers. Hehehe. I took a few. No offense intended sir.

I think it is really time for my :chair: act. Me is RGone...ster.

So it begins. Outside OC'n on a cold Louisiana night. 4.2Ghz was a good stable inside OC and I know she is up for the task outside. Might as well start off on solid footing.

Attachments

• 0temps.jpg
    0temps.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 55
Ruh Roh Houston we may have a problem. I don't see any current or Min values for the cpu cores. They just maxed out once it looks like and then what happened. Did the cpu just vanish? I will just be if it did.

RGone...ster. :chair:

once into windows I fired up HWMonitor so you caught my AV coming up and a couple of other things to bring it to the max value. I let it settle down after that and took that screen.

40 mins into test @ 4.2 I know she's solid at this as she's given it to me before but I felt that I should at least start with a known bar.

Attachments

• 30.jpg
    30.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 54
Admiral David Glasgow Farragut (1801-1870)

"Damn the torpedoes, Full speed ahead!"

Let 'er rip chip. Tap that loud pedal.

you're right RGone. Besides I ran 4.4 good with 1.51 previously and at 1.49 at about 10 mins in core 6 gave me the middle finger. Good ole core 6 not wanting to play well with others. With that being said I am willing to bet that core 6 is my weak link on this CPU.

We shall up the ante to 1.52 and slam it down.

My more edewcated buddy whut tooken em EE stuff and gotten at sheepish skin thing, once toilet me dat Voltages is whut makes 'em run fasteruh, and we cools 'em so us can givem moe voltages.

So U out wit duh cool bears and can giv'er at least the 1.52 hammer thang. Maybees jus a little tad more so we can C at majick 4.5Giglenhurtz. Hehehe.

Me RGone...ster. :chair:

I be tellin you what brah, at 10 mins in core six done come to da party to play @ 1.52 and dem cores, sheeeeet they chillin at 36C brah.

Wif dese hur temps I might be half tempted to play @ 1.55 for 4.5, ya dig?

I be tellin you what brah, at 10 mins in core six done come to da party to play @ 1.52 and dem cores, sheeeeet they chillin at 36C brah.

Wif dese hur temps I might be half tempted to play @ 1.55 for 4.5, ya dig?

Y shorelie manz I so do whut unkerstan. She dun got a whif uv at bigCore whuppen stik an she dun commed to life. Wrastle'er liken wun em gaters an make 'er stand proud since she dun so goot.

RGone...ster. :rain: :chair:

Ok, so this is 50 mins in on a prime95 blend @4.4Ghz with 1.52vcore.
My parka is on so my upper body is warm but my lower body is cold. My bud light is cold so all is good.

So here goes the run for 4.5 solid stable. Now given that @ 1.49 vcore 4.4ghz, core 6 couldn't keep up but she ran good with 1.52 @ 4.4ghz my logic here is telling me to run 4.5 @ 1.55 to compensate for core 6. Just because I don't think @ 1.52 vcore core 6 will be able to keep up.

Attachments

• 152.jpg
    152.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 52
Don't know how accurate that voltage divider is but you might just make it a little shy of 1.55V. However as you surmise while the cold is good for the getting, then maybe just get'er done. 1.55 is about the max that AMD says is okay with major cooling so you should not really harm anything and your plans are to run safe and sane after this dance with the Vcore tigers. Luck to you on the 4.5Ghz.

4.2 Ghz is going to be your "spot" sounds like and that is not a shabby place to be and stable and not fighting a bucking horse.

4.2 Ghz is going to be your "spot" sounds like and that is not a shabby place to be and stable and not fighting a bucking horse.

I agree 100% that 4.2 will be top end on this rig. Truth be told I'm giving core 6 ten minutes at 1.55vcore @ 4.5ghz before she throws in the towel.

Without further adieu, let's crunch it, time to drop the hammer! :comp:

unfortunately I am not one that can run stable at 4.5ghz with the max recommended vcore @ 1.55 :-/ Core 5 gave out on me however seeing how it's on the same module as core 6 is this doesn't come as a big surprise.

Anyway.....over the next few days I'll go through my hand written notes and what i've posted on here and come up with a summary of my excursion to reach the exclusive 4.5Ghz club.

Although I fell short with core 5 :argue: and 6 I hope others can learn and gain from my experiment.

Also, for what it's worth here is a cinebench @4.5Ghz. You can see my progression along the way as I slowly move across the frequency spectrum.

Attachments

• final.jpg
    final.jpg
    355.8 KB · Views: 51
  • cinebench.jpg
    cinebench.jpg
    291.1 KB · Views: 51
Very interesting episode there. Nice to see it nearly in real time. I don't sense a "well the blah dah ding dingy dang thingy" sucketh large. Also nice to see Cinebench, you walked that result right on up the hill.

The more I see of you guys that know a little something, coming in with the 4 and 6 core things, the more fun they seem and certainly more entertaining. You sir also seem to have gotten it dialed in little more than half a day. Dang 8 core thing would have to have MR. Universe musclecature, for me to fight that dragon I think.

Congrats man, it was an awesome ride for sure. RGone...ster. :chair:

I don't sense a "well the blah dah ding dingy dang thingy" sucketh large.

RGone I'm gonna come at ya like you're used to it.

Naw man, it is what it is, I mean I gave her all she got, within reason, and she gave me exactly what I expected her to give me in return. I had a BLAST!!!!!!

For those wondering what exactly is "all she got", well that would be 100%.

To quote Scotty from Star Trek; "I've given her all she's got Capn but she can't take much more of this." That would be me at 1.52vcore clockin 4.4Ghz boldly going where no geek has gone before :cool:

Time to finish this beer and say lights out.

RGone I'm gonna come at ya like you're used to it.

Naw man, it is what it is, I mean I gave her all she got, within reason, and she gave me exactly what I expected her to give me in return. I had a BLAST!!!!!!

For those wondering what exactly is "all she got", well that would be 100%.

To quote Scotty from Star Trek; "I've given her all she's got Capn but she can't take much more of this." That would be me at 1.52vcore clockin 4.4Ghz boldly going where no geek has gone before :cool:

Time to finish this beer and say lights out.

You give soo much voltage for cpu man.....you want to keep fine cpu or distroy? go with my setting and see if you cpu come stabble....cpu throttling its not an error for fx cpu....and now verify some here http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyt...caling-charts-max-ocs-ln2-results-coming.html this post help me to stabble my overclock! GOOD LUCK! :ty::salute:

Back