• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A poll with a twist - what has been your HOTTEST STABLE temp?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Read the post, then vote.

• Up to 30C

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 31 to 45C

Votes: 13 3.0%
  • 41 to 50C

Votes: 33 7.6%
  • 51 to 55C

Votes: 52 12.0%
  • 56 to 60C

Votes: 74 17.1%
  • 61 to 65C

Votes: 79 18.3%
  • 66 to 70C

Votes: 59 13.7%
  • 71 to 75C

Votes: 36 8.3%
  • 75 to 80C

Votes: 31 7.2%
  • 81C+

Votes: 54 12.5%

• Total voters
okay okay, it was my friend's pc, not mine, but ill post on his behalf.....

it was a couple of years back that he got his amd duron 1100 and blew all our p2 and p2based celeron pc's away with his revoulutionary tnt2, simply eating up our onboard crappy intel integrated graphics.... he was soon surpassed by a friend's pIII 800mhz and tnt2 pc, yet was never surpassed when it came to temp's.... stock everything, he was running at 96'c idle, and 108'c playing quake....... he is still using it today, and after adding a bazzillion fans managed to get the load down to 98'c.......

Something must have been off /\. Those temperatures would kill a chip. You sure that wasn't fahrenheit? That would put load at 36*C.

CPU: AMD 2700+

VCore: No idea - what's default?

Max Temp: 80+
Usual Temp: 75

When: All the time! It just sits at 75° and sweats!

Cooling: Some random coolmaster heatsink and some generic thermal transfer pad

Alive/Dead: I'm talking to you now arn't I :D

A few months ago, 2.8C @ 3.7 with 1.69vcore was hitting 58-61 with a SLK900U, folding stable for days, then it got warmer, temps were hitting 65+ and i was getting reboots, had to clock it down to 3.5.

it was about 28 outside and i was testing my sink tobe setup for suck
and had prime fail on me yesterday when my CPU was running about 52-53C
Again my magic number has always seemed to be 45C as you need that little buffer for the Hot days.

On my old vaio, when I ran CPU Burn In with no error checking, I used to peak at around 68ºC, and this was in summer with the windows closed and the side panel closed.

Insane...yeah. But it worked.
Stock vCore on a P4 2.4B

My AXP 2500+ at 2300MHz ran around 64-65C with a SilenX 120MM copper cooler. I believe Vcore was 1.75V on my ASUS A7N8X Deluxe. This was during the winter, and the chip did survive.

my old 2.8E was @ 3.95 ghz stable and it hit full load 69C, stock hsf, summer (hottest day on record) cpu was still good, and vcore was 1.63 i was ripping 2 dvds and prime95...do not ever do that

the CPU is not going to die on you becuase its hot, it will just die sooner thanks to electron migration, and when you factor in more volts it will die even sooner.
Its errors you need to be worried about when the CPU is running to Hot, and once again the more its overclocked the easier for errors to ocur when overclocked, thus you dont want to much heat

I just got a p4 3.2e prescott, running at 1.5 volts it hits around 60 degrees under load, but I haven't done 24 hours under load, like prime95 yet.. cooling is a zalman 7000 in my sig, plus 6 case fans.

71 - 75 for me.

* CPU Type: AMD 2600+ Mobile

* VCore: like...1.75 ( whats shown in CPU-Z )

* Max Temp: Was like 71 or 72

* Cooling: SI-97, Fanless

* Situation: What program were you running, Summer or Winter, re-seated HS? Well, I had taken the fan off the Heat sink, on purpose. To let heat build up. There was a rumor floating around at the time, that People would let their CPU hit the 70's. it would Heat up the AS5, and help it flow better, causing it to fill in the small Cracks in the base of the HS and such. To give better Cooling. So, i tried fanless, due to my room temp, and the help of desk fans, I never went above 73 C. Well, when i realized i wasn't going any higher than that, i let it run all night. ( now i realize, that probably wasn't the BEST option...but oh well. ) I was running BOINC, like normal.

* CPU dead or alive: To my suprise, the CPU is still kicking ( and the bottom left corner of the CPU is even Chipped! and this thing has yet to die!! )

Had an old thunderbird 1.4ghz (the hottest chip ever) than ran OC'ed with a zalman heatsink. My temps stayed about 65 idle and 70 load. But hey, It was quiet. It ran like that for 3 yrs before I parted out the system.

cpu type:3.2 prescott
vcore:1.32v (well below stock!)
max temp:73c
cooling:stock heatsink
situation:30c ambi, midi tower case with 3 case fans
cpu dead or alive:dont know, its sitting in a computer store as i type with rest of rig.

* CPU Type: Barton 2500+

* VCore:1.85 V

* Max Temp:84 C

* Cooling: Stock

* Situation: one side of the HS clip wasnt on properly, oc'd to 2200mhz/1.85V, had the gas heater on all day in the lounge.. had been crunching SETI for the past 3 days lol

* CPU dead or alive: Alive and still running, although that time made me consider investing in AS5 and doing a proper seating job ;)

Mobile 2600

VCore 1.975-Its either my RAM or I just didnt get a good model on the CPU

Max temp around 48 anytime of the year

Cooling Air-Read the sig.

CPU still kickin and Folding

back when i had my 2000+ palimino it reached a max temp of 68c. everything was at stock speeds. clockspeed was 1.67GHz, vcore was 1.75v. cooling was a TT volcano 7. ran it like that all summer last year.

This was on a computer I built for someone else, it had a Athlon xp-m 2600+ running at 2.3ghz on a Gigabyte 7N400-L1 mobo, it runs at 51c at full load, that is the only temp with an oced cpu, but back when I had my palomino it run at 51c idle, back then I didn't know what was load and what wasn't so I don't know what was it's load temp.

Back