• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A question about GSkill Ripjaw X ram...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

karossii

Registered
This comparison has several different sticks of the gskil ripjaw ram - all 8GB kits. Price varies drastically, and to me the best of the lot seems to be in the middle price range; what makes a stick with higher latency cost more? Which of these is best (or is there another better option)?

I am looking at a 2600k on a z68 mobo if that makes a difference... I notice 3 of those kits are optimized for P67...

And honestly - in most situations on a casual rig (occasional video editing, semi frequent gaming, lots of photoshop/fireworks usage, frequent HTPC usage, and nothing else intensive); would any of these sticks be noticeably different from the other?

Best will be to save some money and get http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231431 as there won't be noticable difference if you aren't overclocking/benching.
Maybe even better will be to pick one of these kits. All will perform almost the same with 2600K
Most 2000+ kits are designed for overclockers and results look nice in synthetic tests but in real world you won't see difference above 1-2%. If you want to see advantage of fastest memory then you have to overclock your cpu above 5GHz and it's almost impossible to keep it stable with current batches.
Check links in my sign for some benchmark results ( Kingston 2133 and Corsair GX3 were tested with 2600K ).

They say it's specially built for P67 but that is pure marketing as others have told me.
Will work just as fine with Z68 so don't worry.

Would this compare very well? After the discount (assuming I get it in the next day or two), it is half the price of some of the others...

Back