• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a small heat problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
also one more thing super important...my WALLS

this is birds eye view

the top is a wall and the left is a wall

I'm not sure what you mean, is that a diagram of the air flow in your house? Also worth mentioning in your picture it looks like you have your pc on the floor towards the corner of the room, you should try to elevate your pc as I found it helped my temperature slightly.

at stock went to 60C
stock heatsink and fan
1 front fan for ssd that doesnt need cooling,1 back fan like normal at the top
back isnt really obstucted but left side is a wall and back is like 20 cm from a wall

theres rules for sigs -__-

Then I would focus on putting the fans in the top panel and the front panel as the back seems to be obstructed. In fact, you might try moving the one that is currently in the back to the top and see if it helps.

Then I would focus on putting the fans in the top panel and the front panel as the back seems to be obstructed. In fact, you might try moving the one that is currently in the back to the top and see if it helps.

so the back fan to the top?
top back or top front?

I'm not sure what you mean, is that a diagram of the air flow in your house? Also worth mentioning in your picture it looks like you have your pc on the floor towards the corner of the room, you should try to elevate your pc as I found it helped my temperature slightly.

the lines are cables coming out

yes its on the floor but the case has elevated itself like 1 inch off the ground

the lines are cables coming out

yes its on the floor but the case has elevated itself like 1 inch off the ground

Okay I follow ya now, but what I mean by elevated is actual elevation like on a table top or something. I found when I moved my pc from the floor to desk level my temps improved by about 3C which isn't much but it's something.

As for the front or back opening it doesn't matter, it's opinion really. You could put the fan in slot 2 (forward one) over part of the cpu and ram or in slot 1 (top back) partly over the cpu. It should perform the same either way.

Okay I follow ya now, but what I mean by elevated is actual elevation like on a table top or something. I found when I moved my pc from the floor to desk level my temps improved by about 3C which isn't much but it's something.

As for the front or back opening it doesn't matter, it's opinion really. You could put the fan in slot 2 (forward one) over part of the cpu and ram or in slot 1 (top back) partly over the cpu. It should perform the same either way.

my table has no space
so i should move the back top fan to the top back?lol

u see the black cable at the bottom in the open picture?
thats the usb 3.0 cable LOL

Put the fan on the back panel in the top panel at the back. That's what I'm suggesting.

my table has no space
so i should move the back top fan to the top back?lol

I should have made my self more clear I apologize I'm suggesting what trents is. What I meant is whether you move the back case fan to the top left vent or the top right vent of the case won't matter it should perform good either way.

What $20 HSF? For $20 its not likely to be much of an improvement over what you already have. I would go for the case fans and build a good ventilation foundation.

K imma get a blue led front fan and another normal in the back
How do i know if a fan is good?

Fans are evaluated according to a number of factors:
1. Type of bearing (ball bearing, sleeve, rifle, etc. To make it simple for you, the double ball bearing fans last longer than sleeve bearing fans when the fan will be mounted such that the direction of flow of the air is parallel to the floor.
2. CFM (cubic feet per minute). This is the amount of air the fan moves. Bigger is better but bigger is noisier, all other things being equal. Manufacturers often exaggerate their claims in this area.
3. RPMs. Faster spin moves more air all other things being equal such as the size of the fan and the design of the blades and the housing. Faster is also noisier all other things being equal.
4. Related to #2 and #3 above, noise production. Less than about 30 db is easy on the ears for most people. Again, manufacturers often exaggerate the quietness of their fans.
5. Type of connector(s). Four pin molex? 3 pin motherboard connector? Both?

Some of us suggested Yate Loon to you but they will not have cute things like lights. So if that's important to you look elsewhere. Read the reviews on NewEgg for instance.

So i want connector,quiet,cfm,rpm,bearing in that priority order

No, I did not list the considerations in any particular order. Jermy, you have to do some thinking on your own on occasion. I think most people would see the most important criteria in this decision would be "Does the fan move enough air to give the ventilation needed?". So which of the considerations in that list do you think would have bearing on that question?

Also worth noting. I bought a case with a side window and fancy blue led's for my case because I thought it would look cool but I find 99% of the time no one (including myself) is looking into the case to see the blue lighting and all the hardware.

I'm just saying you should consider if the blue led's are a must because you're going to be paying a few bucks more per fan just to have them.

Also worth noting. I bought a case with a side window and fancy blue led's for my case because I thought it would look cool but I find 99% of the time no one (including myself) is looking into the case to see the blue lighting and all the hardware.

I'm just saying you should consider if the blue led's are a must because you're going to be paying a few bucks more per fan just to have them.

k
then i wont get a blue fan
i already hav 1 blue fan that came with he in the front thats all

I think the Arctic Cooling one is designed to fit on their CPU coolers and not a case fan. It's not very potent either. Go for the blue one. Get two of them. It moves more air. You like blue anyway.

I think the Arctic Cooling one is designed to fit on their CPU coolers and not a case fan. It's not very potent either. Go for the blue one. Get two of them. It moves more air. You like blue anyway.

Oh
But im trying to mAke it cheaper and $18 isnt really cheap if u compare it to zero
I woyld only get 1 blue fan because it faces out
I dont care about the back because nobody looks there

Back