• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a small heat problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Not according to this.

Do you have another source that says otherwise?

Attachments

• 95W.JPG
    95W.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 30
That is not the same motherboard in your Sig. The one in linked in your last post is the M5A78L Plus. The one in your Sig is not the Plus. Which one do you really have?

My link...
I bought it from there...
I thot the plus waw part of the next Phrase in describing the mobo on the website

Okay, then its a 125 TDP board. That's why it works with that CPU. Now you just need a better cooler. Go for the Coolermaster Hyper 212+ evo. Get some extra case fans, too.

Okay, then its a 125 TDP board. That's why it works with that CPU. Now you just need a better cooler. Go for the Coolermaster Hyper 212+ evo. Get some extra case fans, too.

k imma get it

On second thought, your case is only 7.5" wide so the Coolermaster Hyper 212+ evo won't fit. It's too tall. You'll have to go with an air cooler that has a 92mm fan then unless you go with a top down style cooler instead of a tower style. Or, you could go water.

Here, this should fit and give you the cooling power you would need to take that CPU to an overclock that the motherboard will also handle.

i got it
it fits perfectly
now idle minimum is at 25C

But what's the core temp under full load? Idle sounds good but doesn't tell much unless it's already unusually high.

That's certainly acceptable. Is that at stock voltages and frequencies or overclocked?

Back