• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A three year old riddle

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

timesavage

While my wife was working from home, my three year old son got into the office during a break in work. When my wife and I came back, me to get him and my wife back to work, my son did something very interesting to my computer. It was fixed after a restart, but the keyboard (razor lycosa) was still powered yet would not type any characters. When I tried to open microsoft word, it opened the recycle bin folder...in fact every desktop application opened to the recycle bin folder. What happened? just curious what the little monster did. THanks

Hold CTRL and select Recycle Bin shortcut, then select something else too. Both items would open. So permanently selected Recycle Bin shortcut would do it.
Unlikely in your case but a virus would do it.
Mouse problems, speculation list could go on & on but it's not all that out of the ordinary for something to get "stuck" like that.

Back