• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a64 3200+ on board with no pci/agp locks :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shuRe

I have an asus k8v basic which i brought as a bundle pack before i knew much about o/cing. Now i feel that as it doesnt have pci/agp locks i am seriously crippled in the amount i can o/c my cpu.

What would u guys avise is the maximum at which i should let the pci/agp slots run?

shuRe said:
I have an asus k8v basic which i brought as a bundle pack before i knew much about o/cing. Now i feel that as it doesnt have pci/agp locks i am seriously crippled in the amount i can o/c my cpu.

What would u guys avise is the maximum at which i should let the pci/agp slots run?

i would try not to exceed 37.5mhz on your PCI bus, that puts your AGP at 75, and not all Vid cards will take that much, but alot will.

some people have been successfull using more than that, but its hard to get more than that, with out HDD data corruption, or Vidcard instablility..

GL
-Jess-

I got the same Amd bundle with the asus k8v se deluxe. I was surprize how well it ran ,currently running 228 x11 @2508 without any problem . Had i running at 233 but [email protected]. but decided not to use 1/2 multipliers.

Stock Heatsink and fan
ATi AIW9800pro
AData 4200
maxtor 160GB 7200 ide

Once you pass a certain point, another divider will kick in. Just set your multiplier low, then see how high you can crank up the HT. Once you max it, start raising the multiplier.

I have used up to 220fsb stable, jumped to 233 stable, jumped to 250 stable, to 266 stable and made it all the way too 300HT on my board, though it wasnt stable for more than about half an hour, probably because of heat reasons. This was done on the 754 Nf3 150 board in teh SN85G4.

yuriman does that have pci/agp locks?

EDIT: sorry read again and u say it doesnt.

I have heard about these dividers, but i also heard about ppl with my mobo and them not workin :/

Sucks when you first learn about ocing youre always disapointed with that u buy, i remember my first built pc couldnt even overclock cuss i had a Intel motherboard with the P4

Yuriman, this board doesn't even have working dividers as far as I can tell.

I can do 230 FSB stable (which would be 6:2:1), and I can do 234 FSB stable (if there was a divider, it would be 7:2:1 then)... but, I can't do 240 FSB stable with the video card - any graphical test will fail, but I have no problem up to 248 FSB in Windows tests (SiSoft, SuperPi, etc.) which makes it look like there is no divider, but my 9700 Pro can deal with pretty high AGP speeds.

Back