• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A8-3870K Asrock Pro4 MB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dcard1869

Registered
Is there a website that explains all the settings on uefi asrock pro4 fm1 overclocking in laymans terms?

The manual is pretty well written as it is...

Below is a copy of page #50 of the A75_Pro4.pdf manual. Minus the graphic image at the very top of page #50. You don't really find much better written manuals describing the use of the bios. I have certainly seen manuals describe bios settings in a far less informative manner.

3.3 OC Tweaker Screen = Section of bios for manual setup to overclock
In the OC Tweaker screen, you can set up overclocking features.
CPU Confi guration
Overclock Mode
Use this to select Overclock Mode. Configuration options: [Auto] and
[Manual]. The default value is [Auto]. =Manual if you want to key in specific values for overclocking.

APU/PCIE Frequency (MHz) =Generally left alone.
This item appears only when you set the item “Overclock Mode“ to [Manual].
The default value is [100]. Please be noted that overclocking may reduce
the D-Sub resolution and cause the display abnormal situation. It is recommended to use DVI or HDMI monitor to get better performance.

Spread Spectrum =I generally disable, they say enable.
This item should always be [Auto] for better system stability.

AMD Turbo Core Technology =Auto turns on AMD Turbo Core Tech so cpu can upclock cores when loads on cpu are optimal for upclocking.
This item appears only when the processor you adopt supports this feature.
Use this to select enable or disable AMD Turbo Core Technology.
Con guration options: [Auto] and [Disabled]. The default value is [Auto].

Processor Maximum Frequency
It will display Processor Maximum Frequency for reference.

Processor Maximum Voltage
It will display Processor Maximum Voltage for reference.

Multiplier/Voltage Change
This item is set to [Auto] by default. =If it is set to [Manual], you may adjust the value of Processor Frequency and Processor Voltage. However, it is recommended to keep the default value for system stability.

CPU Frequency Multiplier =Just a name for the CPU Multiplier.
For safety and system stability, it is not recommended to adjust the value
of this item.

That is page #50 and the manual is pretty doggone straight forward in its information and terminology. Certainly no rocket science and as simple as it appears, I doubt that anyone has bothered to sit down and type even those few that I underlined as to 'what is'.

Back