• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A8N-E overclocking issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

saltedeggman

Registered
Hello,

I need some help from oc-ers.

System Specs:
Asus A8N-E
OCZ EL PC3200 Platinum Rev 2 (2x512mb)
Fortron Blue 500Watts
MSI X800 XL
Thermalright XP-120 with 120mm (@ 7 volts)

The problem is the crippled bios (1004 flashed, i see 1005, but couldn't d/l it). If I select DDR500 (250mhz), it will NOT let me change the timings on the ram, no matter what i change to it will revert back to 3-4-4-8. However, I can change it to other timings if its under DDR500.

Another problem is that the board does NOT offer enough memory frequency selection. The selection is like DDR200, DDR233...etc.

The memory frequency and the cpu freqency (HHT) is not independent of each other, if i change the memory frequency, the HHT will be changed too. If i change the HHT, the memory will change too.

I do not see any memory divider for which i can choose, but they do change with respect to the frequency (HHT and memory).

Do you guys have any suggestions?

thanks

can't say for sure I do, and I haven't really dealt with this stuff lately, but someone pointed me here in a thread of mine. Jumps at me though that the board is spec'ed pc3200 and you're clocking to pc4000. I would think the ram is capable, but if the board isn't truly designed to run the speed bugs and quirks pop up in situations like that sometimes. I'd try to get the most out of running the ram basically within spec with optimum timings and focus more on the proc. oc. The question then becomes do you have the options and will it remain set when run at 3200 speeds? Is there a ram clock +/- setting aside from a direct set? I think the K7 asus board I used to have had that option. Could also be intruction/inability from the RAM itself to not allow specific timings when set to PC4000. Those are my thoughts, someone who's more current I'd appreciate a response as well, as this is the combination I'm looking at buying as well.

Back