• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A8V + Windows 7?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hahaha, thanks for the reality check. :D I have plenty of Pata drives around, just none of them are Dvd. :shrug:

The external booted up just right, installed windows (over a three hours period XD). It is working great though. It installed network drivers, keyboard and mouse and even the Fx5200 without a snag.

I believe the audio works. The drivers loaded just fine and there was a windows update for the drivers that I installed. I check if the sound actually works though as I haven't yet. And that adapter is nice. I would probably use that if this hadn't worked out. Since I do have an external that I know works and the fact that I hardly use this computer for anything but browsing means I won't really need a drive. But thanks for that, I keep track of it incase I need it. :thup:

Edit: I checked, the audio is pretty good! To my untrained ears, eMachine speakers with audio drivers from 1997 sound almost as good as Logitech X-240's and drivers from 2010!

Last edited:
never used the sound on my a8v ha pci sb xfi elite platinum pro...hooked to logitec 550s rocks...
sys config:
a8v
ole enermax 650 server psu
x24400 w/ced by swifty storm, 655b, rx360@3750 (24x7 folding)
4gig hyperx ddr500
nvidia 7800 gs oc ed
320 sata hdd & 750 sata hdd
pata dvdrw & cdrw52x
hauppauge tv radio card
sb xfi elite plat pro

That's not a bad rig for socket 939! :beer: I don't really care too much about sound. I suppose I'll get a card some day, but it's not high on my upgrade list.

Back