• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AB9 QuadGT Cannot install O/S - everytime boot to floppy or CD the system reboots

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
just use 2x32m spi, its the best and most effective/time effective way of testing your ram. everything else its sorta a time waster if you think about it, memtest might not be windows stable, ive seen windows memtest be stable but 32m spi isnt stable, etc etc etc.

my vote goes for 2x32m spi.

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
just use 2x32m spi, its the best and most effective/time effective way of testing your ram. everything else its sorta a time waster if you think about it, memtest might not be windows stable, ive seen windows memtest be stable but 32m spi isnt stable, etc etc etc.

my vote goes for 2x32m spi.
that's why i've been doing that for a long time now, though memtest can be useful depending on how you use it.

though i did get 2x32m spi stable last night for 3600mhz on 4:5 divider for 563mhz ddr, but i just can't get prime stable...

here's what i HAVE been able to stabilize at 3600mhz:
1.4450vcore, 2.2v ddr2, 450fsb x 8, 1:1 4-4-4-12
=> 25 hours Orthos blend manually terminated

now i spent a while last night at the 4:5 divider for 3600mhz:
ram ended up at 562.5mhz, and i had timings loosened to 5-5-5-15
also upped the ddr2 voltage to 2.4v
2x spi 32m stable, but i can't get prime stable!!
i'm using the same vcore as before (1.445v) since 3600mhz was orthos stable at that voltage, and i even maxed out MCH at 1.70v, so i dunno what's up. :(

its all about how stable you need your computer to be, me, i say 32m spi is good enough for me for ram, 12 hours of prime95 is enough for cpu. but if your doing really important things on that computer, like work or business or something then higher stability is more important. i dunno, its your call. some people dismissed prime ever since back in the a64 days when it would fail but your rig was 100% stable.

i don't wanna have the PC blue screen on me while i'm watching pron... jk jk... i burn DVDs like crazy, and i don't want to have a DVD that i burned where i watch it 6 months down the line and it's skippy b/c my computer didn't do a good burn...

oh well... i'll play more w/it when i have the chance, but i may take a break for a day or two. all i did last night after the gym was cook, eat, bench, wash the dishes, bench, not shower, and bench until 2am... had to shower this morning b/c i was falling asleep last night benching and had no energy for the shower last night.

see what you guys do to me!!! i shoulda just played xbox 360 last night... i haven't played gears of war in so long. :(

Back