• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit AB9-QuadGT first thoughts...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i wasn't sure if i should pull off all of the stock cooling and swap to AS5 or something.

Just got my E6400 installed on it with my Storm and the Liquid Metal (yes, i'm gonna try it for the second time.. hope it doesn't kill anything)

One problem... the VERY last piece to mount the storm... freakin washer that goes on top of the spring... it's gone. i dropped it and it disappeared. :( damn. :(

you asked me about which bios I'm using...

ewiz has been screwing me on this rma for so long that I don't even remember. it's passed the one month mark and they're sending me a non-functional board back due to physical damage. really don't know what will happen next. I'm not paying for another one of these boards.

-Collin-

Whether you need to mess with the motherboards cooling or not, I don't know. But I would recommend putting AS5 under the chipset's heatsinks. Even if it doesn't make much of a difference, it's so easy to do. I do it on all of my boards.

Back